Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

compression sustainer

godfather_77

The "Legacy - Blue Comp and Blue Comp Treb" is a great emulation of the CS-1, but sadly it's a CS-1 and not a CS-2 or even a CS-3.

The CS-1 is a great effect for very specific tones.... but it's a lousy compressor!  (Just my opinion)

IMO... for stomp compression on the Helix I like the Red Comp (Dyna Comp) and the Kinky Comp (SP Comp)... or from the Legacy side, the Boost Comp.

• Upvote 1

On 11/14/2019 at 12:00 AM, codamedia said:

The CS-1 is a great effect for very specific tones.... but it's a lousy compressor!  (Just my opinion)

Agreed. I'm using this as a sustainer when I need one and it gets the job done, but for compression I prefer other models like Red Squeeze and LA studio.

One of my very few wishes regarding additional FX and what not would be a diamond compressor clone. I have the Mooer clone and for what I need it for (usually adding some "meat" to lead sounds) it's by far the easiest to dial in compressor I ever used.

Otherwise, I would like to see more of the current models featuring an additional tone control. Would save me from inserting an extra EQ.

Random tidbit into my personal life here, but I'd never messed around with the Boss CS-1.

Tonight I decided to mess around with both Helix models of it and holy lollipop. 

I get what people talk about when they say it colors it some, but I don't care - it sounded like it colored it in a good way to me.  Thumbs up to this thread for causing me to explore new options, and in the legacy section no less. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

Random tidbit into my personal life here, but I'd never messed around with the Boss CS-1.

Tonight I decided to mess around with both Helix models of it and holy lollipop. 

I get what people talk about when they say it colors it some, but I don't care - it sounded like it colored it in a good way to me. 

There is nothing subtle about the CS-1... but I guess that is it's charm. 

The CS-1 is a completely different beast when compared to other stomp compressors, including the other two real BOSS Models (not on the Helix)... the CS-2 and CS-3. In the pedal world I love what a CS-2 does to the signal... and find the CS-3 usable, but a little too squishy for my liking. If you put a CS-3 Sustain on full.... that is about where the CS-1 begins in regards to "squish". 

• Upvote 1