Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Save Preset As (not a fan!) in HX Edit

xmacvicar

Anyone else not a fan of the newer "save to library' function of HX edit? I liked previously how it was one single click to save. Now its an entire modal, and needing to press save again to quickly save changes. 

Not a huge deal, but one of those little greviances of software changes

I like it, as it allows saving a modded preset to a different location with a different name, all in one move, vs saving a preset you want to mod in a different location with a different name, THEN doing the mods, THEN saving. It also prevents accidentally overwriting your original preset.

It was done in response to user requests, I believe. It's nice for two reasons. It gives you a moment to consider if you really want to save, plus it's gives you the option to save the preset in a different location, which wasn't possible in HX Edit before.

I did not know about ctrl S, but glad to know that.  That saves me the frustration of the OP grievance....BUT....

I also love the new feature as I have 'core' sounds that I use as templates and then create song specific presets from there...it sucks having to undo song changes when I hit save previously by accident.