Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Block Bypass Behaviour - New in 2.8

xmacvicar

Just hoping someone can help me. I remember when @Digital_Igloo showed off the upcoming 2.8 many months ago, there was a feature about when adding a new block, its just bypassed by default and not on for all your snapshots. How do you achieve this on the Helix? Its unclear to me. Thanks!

I think this is it? 

Snapshot Bypass

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, Helix Native, HX Effects, HX Stomp, HX Edit

There may be situations where you don't want Helix's snapshots to control a particular block's bypass state; that is, you'd prefer to turn it on and off manually. For example, you may want manual control of a boost pedal at any time without worrying whether a particular snapshot might turn it on or off.

Depending on your type of Helix/HX product, follow the procedure below:

• Helix Floor/Rack/LT—Select a processing block, press ACTION, and set Knob 5 (Snapshot Bypass) to "Off" to disable snapshot control of that block's bypass state
  • HX Effects—Select a processing block, press ACTION, and press the "Snapshot Bypass" switch to disable snapshot control of that block's bypass state
  • HX Stomp—From Edit view, select a processing block, press ACTION, press PAGE >, and set Knob 3 (Snapshot Bypass) to "Off" to disable snapshot control of that block's bypass state
  • Helix Native/HX Edit—Right-click (Mac: control-click) on a processing block and uncheck "Snapshot Bypass." Alternatively, right-click (Mac: control-click) the Bypass button to uncheck "Snapshot Bypass."

11 minutes ago, xmacvicar said:

Just hoping someone can help me. I remember when @Digital_Igloo showed off the upcoming 2.8 many months ago, there was a feature about when adding a new block, its just bypassed by default and not on for all your snapshots. How do you achieve this on the Helix? Its unclear to me. Thanks!

If you want to insert a new block but have its default be off in your snapshots, here's how to do it.

1. Insert the block as you normally would.
  2. Hit the Action button and set the Snapshot Bypass parameter to Off (or right click on the block in HX Edit and select Snapshot Bypass from the menu that appears and set it to Off).
  3. Toggle the bypass state of the block to Off.
  4. Repeat Step 2, but turn the Snapshot Bypass parameter back to On.
  5. Now the block will be Off in all your snapshots. Turn it on in the ones you want it on in.
  • Upvote 1