Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 Updater - no devices appears?

Thomsen84

Hello. I`m new in this Line6 universe. Just bought a HX Effects with the firmwire 2.51. Now I want to update to the newest version 2.82.

I have downloaded HX Edit and Line6 Updater to my pc. Now, when I run the Updater a black screen appears with a writing says: “Select device to update”. And no options.? I have the device turned on and conneted with usb cable.

Can anyone help me?

Jakob, Denmark 

E727C073-7768-4975-B2DE-F90E4C74E35A.jpeg

^^^^^This! Also you say you downloaded HX Edit. Probably already did this but make sure you installed it too. HX Edit has the Windows drivers in the install package which allow your device to be recognized. Just check all the boxes when you install it. If this doesn't work, start trying other USB ports or even a different USB cable.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

+1 to checking the USB cable.  This was driving me crazy and while my device was working through the PC, the updater and my recording software wouldn't recognize that it was plugged in, kept getting device not found.  I moved the usb cable to a different input on my PC and bam, it worked again.  Any PC over 3-4 years old will see USB ports randomly start failing, it's the least durable part in most PC's.

I have this same problem. I'm a user of Helix Stomp and Helix Rack. I tried to update their firmware from 2.82 to 2.9. Stomp went easy. HX Edit sees him and works with him. When I tried to update the XH Rack with the same USB cables, the editor and updater cannot see my Helix Rack. I tried all USB inputs.  Always see "No device conected" in the software, or "Select device to update" in the Updater but without displaying the option to select any device.

My computer is a PC with WIN7. On another computer with WIN10 I installed HX Edit 2.9 but he also can't see my HX Rack. HX Stomp connects to it easily. I uninstalled this HX Edit 2.9 and Updater 1.19 and installed HX Edit 2.82 and again the program sees Stomp and doesn't see Rack. I did Global Reset in the HX Rack. It has changed nothing. The Controller is always with power off. What else can I do, to make my HX Rack connect to the computer? I remember that I had problems installing this 2.8.2 on Rack. At that time, however, he was connecting to the PC and update was posible. Now I can't even install lower firmware and try to upgrate another one.

I mainly use Stomp so I don't remember if after upgrate Rack to 2.8.2 I connected  HX Edit to HX Rack and if after this devices were connecting. They are not now.

Do you have any ideas what's wrong? I know that this forum is full of such topics, but I have not found a solution in any of them.

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, DamianRotolo said:

I'm trying to upgrade my firmware on my Line 6 Relay G10 on my iMac. All I get is a blank screen that says "Please select device to upgrade" with no selection options. I looked for HX Edit, but couldn't find it.

damian rotolo

softlib@comcast.net

I think it may be wise to read this - because AFAIK, there is absolutely no reason to think that HX Edit is part of the fix for your G10.

Plus this stuff has it’s own forum.

https://line6.com/support/page/kb/live-sound/relay-digital-wireless/

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2019 at 6:48 AM, HonestOpinion said:

^^^^^This! Also you say you downloaded HX Edit. Probably already did this but make sure you install it too. HX Edit has the Windows drivers in the install package which allow your device to be recognized. Just check all the boxes when you install it. If this doesn't work, start trying other USB ports or even a different USB cable.

Absolutely. Line6 updater for Windows can be d/led standalone, but the package does not install drivers.

My Windows machine reported "warning" entries (yellow triangle with an exclamation mark) for the Helix in Windows Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and Line6 updater did not see my HX Stomp until I installed the drivers with the HX Edit package - which incidentally also contains the updater.

N.b. my experience is with HX Stomp, but I think it may also apply to other models.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I had the same issue.  I had first downloaded and installed the updater, then loaded HX Edit and the drivers.   I was getting the same "select device" message but no device was displayed.

Someone earlier on this thread noted the HX Edit includes the installer package.  It appears there is a conflict between the standalone installer and the HX Edit installer.

To fix it, I uninstalled both programs, then redownloaded and installed the HX Edit only including drivers.   I used the installer that came with the HX Edit package and everything worked perfectly.  Version 3.02.0 now running!

Using Win 10

Line-6 Updater can be prevented from connecting to your device for a number of reasons and most of them have to do with other things connected to your computer that you would normally think were completely unrelated.

Printer/scanner

Audio interface

External drive

Anything at all connected via bluetooth or USB

Other apps being open, especially anything that accesses your sound capabilities.

Disconnect it all.

Unplug anything Updater doesn't need.

Turn it all off.

Close all open apps.  

Use Task Manager or Force Quit to determine which apps might be open and close them.

• 1 month later...

I just got my Helix Floor model, the updater crashed my computer and now it's stuck in the Boot Failure, Enter Update Mode..  The Line 6 updater is showing no devices, everything is disconnected from my usbs, I have all apps closed and everything running at a minimum, and I can't do anything to get this updater to work or get my Helix running.  I haven't even used it yet. 

Any updates on how to fix this issue?

20 minutes ago, vanhorton said:

I just got my Helix Floor model, the updater crashed my computer and now it's stuck in the Boot Failure, Enter Update Mode..  The Line 6 updater is showing no devices, everything is disconnected from my usbs, I have all apps closed and everything running at a minimum, and I can't do anything to get this updater to work or get my Helix running.  I haven't even used it yet. 

Any updates on how to fix this issue?

*Got it fixed*  The USB cable from the board to the computer is faulty.  Using a different printer cable solved it

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...