Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Two helix stomps

sevastopo

Hello, I want to buy second HX stomp and use it as a delay/reverb processor. Pls ask - is it possible to use 6 HD presets (like HD reverb or ect) together? I mean - is it normally for CPU? Or better to buy strymon pedals or something else? 

Maybe somebody use two HX stomps together and will share experiences? 

Regards! 

On 11/16/2019 at 10:58 AM, Kevin-M said:

Have you considered the HX Effects?

^^^ This ^^^

You can dedicate your stomp to the fundamental tones, then supplement it with the additional effects. You'll get more footswitch control, better midi implementation, more effect blocks to work with, etc....  IMO, an HX Stomp / HX Effects combination is almost ideal for a modular setup.

On 11/16/2019 at 7:44 AM, sevastopo said:

Hello, I want to buy second HX stomp and use it as a delay/reverb processor. Pls ask - is it possible to use 6 HD presets (like HD reverb or ect) together? I mean - is it normally for CPU? Or better to buy strymon pedals or something else? 

Maybe somebody use two HX stomps together and will share experiences? 

Regards! 

While I agree with everyone here that an HX Effects or an LT is a better choice for most people, to answer your original question, two Stomps play together just fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jws1982 said:

+1 Helix LT.  Unless you have a specific form factor need for the dual stomp / effects combo, a Helix LT would be the better setup.   I’d do it just for the built-in power supply alone. 

Yep, heh, just deleted a comment I made when I realized you had said exactly the same thing already.

I have all three and gig with Helix and HX effects all the time. HX Stomp is for backup. The flexibility of all three with a Variax and Powercab 212 is hard to beat. I'm really enjoying both the flexibility and quality of tones. Line6 has really produced a wonderful ecosystem and set of complimentary products. Glad I stuck with them over the years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2019 at 10:52 AM, sevastopo said:

Thanks you all for answers!!! I decide to buy HX effects to my existing HX stomp. 

One question - stomp + effects = will be like HX LT? I mean number of effects together.

Thanks 

It's VERY close. 

Technically a Helix LT can have technically have up to 32 blocks as long as you have the DSP for it. 

The HX Effects and HX Stomp can have a total of 12. 

Helix LT can have four discrete paths. HX Effects and Stomp pretty much have two (though you can stick the Stomp inside an HX Effects path, and due to its internal routing create a unique signal chain that really the LT couldn't do - not sure if it would be better, but it is definitely different). 

Your rig is more travel friendly (not that the LT is bad). 

It all just depends on what you want to do. I've never come anywhere close to needing 32 blocks. 

Bottom line, you will have a powerful rig.