Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

MIDI triggering of patches

johnlovesbeer

Hi all

I use a Cymatic Audio LP-16 Live Player for backing tracks in my band and I want to set up MIDI triggering within the tracks to change patches automatically on my Pod HD500X. 
I have a fair understanding of what I need to do but my question is do I need MIDI cables for both in and out or will one cable (LP-16 out, Pod in) do the job? Does the Pod need to send a signal back to the track player?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

So my next questions are....

Is there anyone out there who has done this with Reaper?

If so, how do I get the "Send Now" function to work in the MIDI event editor?

Has anyone managed to get this to work with user patches?

How can I also have this turn blocks on and off within patches?

Thanks in advance!

..regarding how to switch on/off blocks by MIDI in the current selected patch, first each of the blocks must be assigned to its footswitch, and then you can use/record the following MIDI commands to virtually press any of the footswitches in the right moment:

2O4Iz5X.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

4 hours ago, johnlovesbeer said:

I understand the above table but I don't know where to insert these values.

Should I still using Bank/Program Select?

No, you shouldn't still use the Bank/Program CC; given that you want to trigger the FS4, based on the posted previously MIDI table you should use the CC#54 (any value, doesn't matter); any time the POD wil receive the CC#54 (any value) it will change the current state on/off of FS4 (and conseguently of the assigned block).

MzOuuQh.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Just thought I'd check back in to report on my little MIDI adventure here!

A massive shout out to you Hurghanico for all your amazing help!

So it's been a little over 2 months since I started this quest to be "footswitch free" during live performances. Here are the results;

It has changed my life on stage. I no longer have to worry about looking down to see which switch to step on or getting the timing right or remembering which patch is for which song. I now concentrate only on playing and performing.

I have the backing tracks for every song controlling my patch changes, including FS1, 2, 3 & 4 for boost, delay, chorus, anything I need. I even have it controlling the expression pedal for volume swells and pitch dives.

To anyone using backing tracks live with a Cymatic Audio player or any MIDI capable backing track player, I highly recommend you try this. It will change your life!!!

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hi ! 

Interested by this topic... I a have a problem with the configuration of my Cymatic LP 16 + Pod Hd 500 + Evh 5153. 

We are working to send midi program change from the Cymatic to the Pod, and we want to make also change the channel on the EVH. 

So we configure a midi track from cubase with program change and export it through the cymatic and it work : For example Program Change #6 to switch to my Bank 2 / FS6. It also change the channel on the amp because we have linked the EVH with the POD BUT.... when changing from Bank 2 / FS7 (My clean sound with the green channel on the EVH) to Bank 2 / FS6 (my overdrive with the red channel on the EVH), the led is changing on the amp, but there is no sound ! We noticed that when we activate the FS6 directly on the footswitch... it work. 

So how can I activate the sound when my pod hd change FS when reading the midi file ? 

Thank you so much !! 

Oliver