Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Audio Pops When Recording On New Macbook Pro

Just upgraded to new MacBook Pro from an older Windows laptop and am dismayed to find out out I am unable to record guitar into Reason 7 via my KB37 and PodFarm without significant audio pops and glitches. It sounds fine when using ToneDirect Monitoring, but the recorded guitar is awful. This happens no matter how high I set the buffer in Reason.

Any ideas on what is going on? Am starting to hear about potential USB 3.0 (on Macbook) incompatibility with legacy USB 2.0 devices and drivers. Unfortunately, no USB 2.0 option on the Mac. Not a very happy Apple convert at the moment.

Just upgraded to new MacBook Pro from an older Windows laptop and am dismayed to find out out I am unable to record guitar into Reason 7 via my KB37 and PodFarm without significant audio pops and glitches. It sounds fine when using ToneDirect Monitoring, but the recorded guitar is awful. This happens no matter how high I set the buffer in Reason.

Any ideas on what is going on? Am starting to hear about potential USB 3.0 (on Macbook) incompatibility with legacy USB 2.0 devices and drivers. Unfortunately, no USB 2.0 option on the Mac. Not a very happy Apple convert at the moment.

Based on the problems a bunch of us are having, it appears to be a clash between Line6's drivers and Maverick OS.

• 1 month later...

I have a two year old Macbook Pro and I am trying to get it to fully work with a old Toneport UX-2 . The Monkey checked it out and replied , Processor  problem . The Mac is 2 yrs. old and the Line 6 is 8 years young . I run all Logic in my DAW but, I wanted to see if I could do both . Please if anyone could help me to bring back that "Ease of use"  I would great appreciate it.  The Line 6 guy told me to bring it to the "Apple" people's forum…"Gordy"