Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 700 Via Pod Hd Desktop Compatibility Question

Greetings! I am considering purchasing a used Variax 700. I have a POD HD Desktop and would like to ask a few questions for the experienced users:

1. The POD HD Desktop does not have a dedicated Variax line input, is the Variax 700 still compatible via the standard guitar input?

2. Do I have to purchase Variax Workbench or have to have link the Variax into a dedicated Variax line input to be able to use Variax Workbench Software?

3. What is a UXS Footswitch?

Cheers!

1. yes will work no problem.

2. yes you would need the interface to use the software.

3. i assume that you mean the XPS footswitch that powers the variax.

Thank you. For Question 2, Can I use the variax editor software if I buy a POD HD 500? (As it has a dedicated Variax line input) or do I HAVE to buy the variax workbench hardware?

and finally, is the Variax 700 compatible with Line 6's new variax 2.0 editor software that is used with the newer line of Tyler/Variax models?

Many thanks!

you can use the pod HD 500 instead of the interface (you dont have to buy that at all if you have a variax enabled pod)

you cannot use the workbench HD software with the older variaxes.

you would have to use the standard variax workbench software (whatever the version number is now... just NO to any HD version of the software)