Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp is overheating. I'm worried about it.

Kostya_M

So first of all sry for bad English. 
I have seen that people write about overheating and I saw FAQ where is said it is normal.

Anyway I'm really, REALLY worried of overheating because when I use 5-6 blocks, it gets really hot. Not THAT hot, but it feels like charger from PC. You know, that little block or what is it. I think my HX Stomp overheating more that normal. Or I'm just overthinking it... idk.
I was thinking about playing at direct sunlight outdoors and with warm floor in the rehearsal. This even worse. If it warm, then it can get too hot. What then? My device will cooked like an egg? 

I saw people said they turned it on for days and had problems.
What if I wanna use it as sound card for all day long?

I bought it from a friend that win this on Ebay. So I don't have any warranty and all that kind of support stuff. So if my device will broke I can't do anything.

They run warm. If it's as warm as a PSU for a computer, that's OK. Does it burn your finger to touch it? THAT would be a problem!

My Stomp is on 24/7. It doesn't get any hotter even if I'm playing constantly for extended periods.

Any electronic device left out in the sun is in danger.

If it really concerns you despite all of that, you could always get one of those little laptop cooler pads with fans, but unless it actually burns your finger or the magic smoke is escaping, you're probably over-thinking it..

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...

My HX Stomp gets pretty warm/hot, and as as we know, heat is often the enemy of electronics. So, what I did was place an old PC Tower Computer fan right next to the upper left corned of the Stomp (where it gets the warmest), and run that whenever I use the unit. I often have it on for 12 hours or longer. The fan does a good job at sucking away the heat, and now my Stomp is barely warm at all. This is important to me, as I live in a warm climate, 84 degree F/29 degrees C this morning, and Summer is a month away. I want my Stomp to last a long time, and I think this simple solution will help that happen. I do not get any kind of noise or electronic interference from the fan on the Stomp. I added a potentiometer to the fan so I can control its speed, and power the fan with a 9 volt AC adapter that I wired to the fan.