Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 2.9 Update

BAmartin

1 hour ago, codamedia said:

I have yet to experience one... but that doesn't mean I won't :) 

I would love to see an elegant solution for this issue that some have to suffer through... because I know one day it might be me. 

Well, it only happened exactly once to me and just in a "semi critical" situation (rehearsal) - but that, plus knowing about others experiencing the same, already left me with less faith than I'd prefer to have in what is the center of my live rig. Add to this it's something I have zero influence on (others than, say, broken strings, cables and what not) and there's that somewhat uncertain feeling.

I'm all for new features and toys to play around with, but I think the single most relevant issue when it comes to dedicated music hardware is rock stable performance. It's why I usually use a case for the Helix instead of the vastly more comfortable Novation bag, it's why I stepped back from using laptops live, etc.

On 11/21/2019 at 1:26 PM, bryanblackburn said:

I think we can all assume that certain things will be there in the next update and bug fixes maybe more important to me than anything since my edit software cannot see the LT in my main computer on win 8. I am going to be extra cautious and see what is working or not before I upgrade to any version. That being said I would hope they are hard at work with numerous requests for polyphonic pitch and I am sure they will be providing us the additional channel on the REVV.

REQUEST If they can create a better tracking polyphonic pitch effect then I would want to also use that inside of some filters like EH has with their attack Decay pedal which also has fuzz. If we have that capability already then please point out which one we have. That is the kind of swell effect that I was hoping we would have access to when I read they had upgraded the swell effect a long time ago.

Hey Bryanblackburn,

Just thought of giving you a suggestion on your problem...

Maybe the bug is limited to Win8? I have HX Edit running on 4 different Win10 machines, with completely disparate software/hardware with no issues...

The update to Win10 from Win8 is free, maybe you should go that route?

Just type "Windows 10 media creator" on a Google search, just make sure the link you are picking belongs to Microsoft, download the tool and run it :)

Well... I'm back... Yes... the OP... And I'm posting this just to let you all guys know that tomorrow Thursday 19th of December 2019... It's been six months since the last update...

Now diss, whine, insult and point fingers all you want... It doesn't change time and circumstances.

Bye, haters.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, BAmartin said:

Now diss, whine, insult and point fingers all you want... It doesn't change time and circumstances.

Bye, haters.

What “haters”? Who, where?

You started this thread and even with your latest comment you seem determined to stir things up.

Right from the start it has been pointed out to you that no amount of pi$$ing and moaning will produce a firmware update any quicker than the actual time it takes to write and debug the code. If you know of some way to achieve this faster, please advise the Line 6 software developers. As someone said - “It doesn't change time and circumstances.” Whatever that is supposed to mean?

Nowhere is it carved in stone “Line 6 shalt produce a exceptional free upgrade at least thrice a year”. (“Thrice”- Please insert any number you feel you should be entitled to!)

Have a jolly Christmas and very soon it will be a whole new year where you can keep on counting the months away.

11 hours ago, BAmartin said:

Well... I'm back... Yes... the OP... And I'm posting this just to let you all guys know that tomorrow Thursday 19th of December 2019... It's been six months since the last update...

Bye, haters.

That's a great story... tell it again!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BAmartin said:

Bye, haters.

So? I'm sure there are some teenagers in a FB group that need a good trolling, maybe give that a try?

13 hours ago, BAmartin said:

Bye, haters.

Haters? WOW. That word gets tossed around way too much these days, to the point where it's lost it's meaning. This would be an example of that. Your first line is essentially a whine about how long it's been.

re: It doesn't change time and circumstances.  The time is obvious and the circumstances are...you got a Helix. It has some stuff on it. You will get more stuff. You don't know when that will be.  It's been stated on another forum that there won't be anymore stuff until next year. Currently, the policy is to not let you know when the stuff is coming until it's really close. This has a lot to do with threads similar to this one. Since we nothing's been said officially; it isn't really close. There have been threads about what we know will be in the next update. So I'm not quite sure what kind of agenda you're pushing here. Other than whining about how long it's been since the last update.

1 hour ago, brue58ski said:

So I'm not quite sure what kind of agenda you're pushing here. Other than whining about how long it's been since the last update.

He's just mad because he thought he bought a Line 6 Axe FX Cheap, and now that there aren't 99 firmware revisions to address minor updates (or add 10 versions of one amp as different "amps") every other weekend he feels ripped off by some imaginary measuring stick for firmware timeliness. Give someone an inch, and they're mad they didn't get a mile.  

• Haha 1

I honestly don't get why people get worked up about this nonsense.  Just enjoy what you have and don't worry about if/when new bells & whistles come out.  Chances are, most people barely scratch the surface when it comes to what features they actually use anyway.  I know I'll never use every single amp model, cab and effect in the Helix...but it is nice to have choices.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, plarkin said:

I honestly don't get why people get worked up about this nonsense. 

Some folks live for finding a new axe to grind. Or they just latch onto one particular gripe and harp on it, over and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over............

1 hour ago, cruisinon2 said:

Some folks live for finding a new axe to grind. Or they just latch onto one particular gripe and harp on it, over and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over............

.... It was a PERFECT phone call......

On 12/18/2019 at 6:28 PM, BAmartin said:

Bye, haters.

As I always state... I bought a Helix because it did what I wanted/needed it to do at the time I put the money on the table. 

Everything I get following that is a bonus...

I bought 2.5. I was happy with 2.5

2.6, 2.7 and 2.8 have all been wonderful updates.... none of which were owed to me. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, codamedia said:

As I always state... I bought a Helix because it did what I wanted/needed it to do at the time I put the money on the table. 

Everything I get following that is a bonus...

I bought 2.5. I was happy with 2.5

2.6, 2.7 and 2.8 have all been wonderful updates.... none of which were owed to me. 

Logic is wasted on the chronically disgruntled.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 3:11 PM, cruisinon2 said:

I love this time of year...a chill in the air, the holidays are nearly upon us, and yet another pointless, speculative gripe-fest and wish list merry-go-round. Write a letter to Santa and ask the same question...the odds of getting any info that will turn out to be correct are about the same.

One of the best things about buying an AXE FX III, is no longer having to put up with the snotty attitude from some of the long-standing members, which is so prevalent on this forum.  Nothing at all wrong with the OP's enthusiasm, so stop trolling him.  

-

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Andy1175 said:

One of the best things about buying an AXE FX III, is no longer having to put up with the snotty attitude from some of the long-standing members, which is so prevalent on this forum.  Nothing at all wrong with the OP's enthusiasm, so stop trolling him.  

-

And yet, you return specifically to antagonize the "snotty" members. Smooooooooth.

2 hours ago, Andy1175 said:

-

Judging by your previous posts, you're throwing stones while living in a glass house.