Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi Hd

radatats

While I really think this is a let down for most of us it probably is a big move up for a lot of beginning musicians and hobbyists.  The price point is kept low by pushing a lot of the interface and system management off board to the user's own iGear. They also kept DSP needs low by using older modeling and saved more by not integrating a host of in/out options, no D/A or A/D conversions, etc.  Trouble is that while this incarnation is disappointing, the concept has a lot of potential and I would not be surprised to see a professional version in the future.  

Same power section and speaker/cab options but with HD modeling as per the DT, the acoustic resonance DSP from the L2/3 series, M Series effects, professional in/out (XLR, 1/4, L6 link, VDI) and FX Loop.  Manage all your patches and set lists from your iGear (or Droid hopefully) and everything cloud sourced.  So where the DT was the perfect tube match for the POD HD, AMPLIFI HD would be the perfect stereo FR/FR match in a portable combo size package.  If you need your pedals, bring your POD or floorboard with you too.  L6 link could still allow you to expand by adding an L2/3 or sending a perfect feed to the Dream Stage.

No reason the same cloud sourcing couldn't tone match for HD models too.  Then you seriously could just grab your JTV and this one box, plug right in and be good to go.  Great solution for solo gigs with backing tracks.

Of course everything comes at a price.  My guess is AMPLIFI HD150 comes in around $1200 and a $100 less for the AMPLIFI HD75.  

Anyone interested?   :)

• Upvote 1

They do have that. There's a stereo aux in jack on the back of the amp.

Dual 1/4" TS to Stereo 1/8". Plug in.

Just send your XLRs to FOH. A guitar, 500(x), this amp, and 4 cables that can fit in the case that you're carrying your 500(x) in.

Need to let things get cleaner and see real specs and hopefully give it a try but i am a bit confused and somewhat disappointed.

I own a pod hd 500x (upgraded from 500) and a single l3t as a guitar FRFR speaker, playback for backing tracks and monitor for live gigs.

I was about to buy a second l3t speaker to integrate with my tube amp and try managing a wetdrywet kind of rig, and maybe using them for PA speakers for occasional live gigs.

With this new Amplifi it seems I could throw everything in the closet (pod, l3t) spending 1200€... Is this the real thing?????

I would not need the pod cos' amp modeling migrate to an iOS app, I don't need one or two L3t (that weight a ton) cos' this new amp has five speakers and can manage a wet dry rig.

I fear Line 6 has started too many projects and leave old users (and clients) holding the bag.

Any further statement about this commercial move?

Amplifi 150 + pod hd500x = already gives you what the OP is asking for, well almost. The tone management would be on the pod itself or a PC editor.

Need more power? Well use a pair of amplifi 150's one for the left and one for the right output from a pod HD.

All that said, I feel this new product is great for more of a beginner market or certainly for those who don't 'have to have' HD tones, and who want a simple way to jam at home to their music library. 75% of my playing is at home jamming to my iTunes library... So for me although I rarely use anything but a pod HD, and occasionally a sonic port, this amplifi would give me a great and simple practice utility and stereo for playing my music.

Cheers

Andy

Amplifi 150 + pod hd500x = already gives you what the OP is asking for, well almost. The tone management would be on the pod itself or a PC editor.

Need more power? Well use a pair of amplifi 150's one for the left and one for the right output from a pod HD.

All that said, I feel this new product is great for more of a beginner market or certainly for those who don't 'have to have' HD tones, and who want a simple way to jam at home to their music library. 75% of my playing is at home jamming to my iTunes library... So for me although I rarely use anything but a pod HD, and occasionally a sonic port, this amplifi would give me a great and simple practice utility and stereo for playing my music.

Cheers

Andy

To me, this makes no sense at all. If I wanted to do this I'd buy a set of speakers!

Why buy a modelling amp with built in  software and designed with an editing app that is effectively useless?

IMO this should have effectively functioned as a "solid-state" DT amp where attaching a podHD extends its functionality and where the iOS app could be used to edit and download HD patches. The bluetooth/ hifi capabilities would then have been the icing on the cake for home use.

Why take a step back in technology with X3 software? We all know that this type of software gets cheaper with every passing year. The X3 floorboards will surely be phased out before the podHDs. I just don't understand the decision, even with price as the factor.

• Upvote 1

To me, this makes no sense at all. If I wanted to do this I'd buy a set of speakers!

If you'd only be buying the amplifi as a speaker then for your needs some separate speakers may be the best option - unless the amplifi gives you the HQ FRFR stereo speaker system at the right wattage for less than the alternatives.

That all said - personally if it were my choice Id have rather paid a bit more to have HD amp models. But I still think for the target market L6 will still sell lots to people who will just hear that it sounds good and not be bothered that its X3 tones.

Cheers

Andy