Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Android App

rustyjuggler

When you see the list of supported Android devices you realize the enormity of the challenge Line6 was presented to get this app out for Android!

There is only ONE Apple hardware to worry about; possibly two, if you consider iPhone vs iPad, but for all intents and purposes, those devices are nearly identical. Android, however... here's the list I see thus far; of course, as my luck has it, my brand new Android LG phone isn't on the list.... lol! :)

Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S III
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro
Samsung Galaxy Note II
HTC One M8
HTC One M7
Motorola Moto X
Google Nexus 7
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX
ASUS MeMo Pad
ASUS Fonepad
ASUS PadFone
LG G2
LG Optimus
LG F7
LG Nexus 4

I think that list is likely to be the confirmed hardware that its been tested with. If you have a reasonably recent Android device the hardware will likely support the right version of Android and work ok. No guarantees though, but lets wait and see once released.

I think that list is likely to be the confirmed hardware that its been tested with. If you have a reasonably recent Android device the hardware will likely support the right version of Android and work ok. No guarantees though, but lets wait and see once released.

I can imagine this must be a huge undertaking for them! I've noticed such little conformity between the various brands of "semi cheap" Android phones that I've owned and used up over the years. Things like, most of my previous Android phones would not allow apps to be installed on an external sd card; had to go on the internal card. Then the internal card would come loaded with pre-installed software that cannot be removed (I use the pay-as-you go no contract Virgin Mobile style phones, which may be part of the limitation I've experienced..)

But yeah, kudos to L6 for having the stones to even attempt such a concept! It does appear, from the myriad requests over the last several months, that people both 1.) really want to use this with an Android app, and 2.) have no clue how difficult such a project turned out to be for L6.

To keep the Star Wars quotes going, "Impressive. Most impressive."   :)

Cheers!

When you see the list of supported Android devices you realize the enormity of the challenge Line6 was presented to get this app out for Android!

There is only ONE Apple hardware to worry about; possibly two, if you consider iPhone vs iPad, but for all intents and purposes, those devices are nearly identical. Android, however... here's the list I see thus far; of course, as my luck has it, my brand new Android LG phone isn't on the list.... lol! :)

Samsung Galaxy S5

Samsung Galaxy S4

Samsung Galaxy S III

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro

Samsung Galaxy Note II

HTC One M8

HTC One M7

Motorola Moto X

Google Nexus 7

Amazon Kindle Fire HDX

ASUS MeMo Pad

ASUS Fonepad

ASUS PadFone

LG G2

LG Optimus

LG F7

LG Nexus 4

Well, it is much like writing for windows.  The OS creates the uniform environment with which to write.

there is an amplifi utility for download that will flash your device from USB now too.... (from windows only at the moment)

much faster than bluetooth.

Well...the android Amplifi remote app is now officially out. And I'm at work so I can't test it out :( But installed to my phone and a quick look seems that everything is there. 

Requires a firmware update (2.0) to the amp.

I'm glad we could mark that off the IdeaScale list of customer requests. Opens up a pretty big market IMO. 

Yep, there's a few of us out in the world who actually use and enjoy Android based devices!  I'm glad too, just because it is nice to see a company stand up to task as opposed to leaning on tired excuses about why they can't do that.  Good for Line6!

• 2 years later...