Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Configuring Stomp buttons

guitarbloke1980

Is there any way that I can configure the Stomp to just flick between Preset and Snapshot?

i.e I don’t want to have to press the button again to skip past Stomp mode.  I only use the Preset up/down and Snapshot modes., so I want to lose the Stomp Mode option.

If it helps, I have a Mosky dual switch – currently this is set up to go between Preset Up/Down - SnapShot Stomp Mode

4 hours ago, guitarbloke1980 said:

Unfortunately, the word MIDI fills me with fear and dread!!   :D 

It used to for me too, but it's really not that complex. It's basically a process of knowing what command your Stomp wants, and sending THAT. 

So in your case you'd be buying a midi controller that can do CC values (Morningstar, DMC Micro) and assigning a value to each button. 

In your case, your midi controller would need to send the following to the Stomp:

1. CC #71, Value 2 (This would put your Stomp in preset mode). 

2. CC #71, Value 3 (This would put your Stomp in snapshot mode). 

Simple as that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

It used to for me too, but it's really not that complex. It's basically a process of knowing what command your Stomp wants, and sending THAT. 

So in your case you'd be buying a midi controller that can do CC values (Morningstar, DMC Micro) and assigning a value to each button. 

In your case, your midi controller would need to send the following to the Stomp:

Simple as that. 

You can do some amazing and extremely complex things with MIDI. There are people who, with a few keyboards and pads, perform entire symphonies - SOLO!

Fortunately, for using Helix products, life is simple, one MIDI command at a time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rd2rk said:

You can do some amazing and extremely complex things with MIDI. There are people who, with a few keyboards and pads, perform entire symphonies - SOLO!

Fortunately, for using Helix products, life is simple, one MIDI command at a time.

Very true . . . and that would be hard for me to wrap my head around. I just meant in terms of the Helix application, it's pretty easy peasy. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 4:12 PM, Kilrahi said:

Simple as that. 

Aaah Ok when you put it like that, that actually makes a lot more sense to me and sounds a lot less scary! =) 

Out of curiosity, where did you find out that you need #71 and value 2 & 3?  Or is that just a case of RTFM lol?

Check out the Unofficial Helix MIDI Guide from Stoopalini referenced on the Gear Page as well. Lots of helpful information there, whether you are a MIDI newbie, or relatively experienced with it. Highly recommend any HX user who would like to learn more about using MIDI with their device bookmark or better yet download this guide. Lots of specific tips on how to use MIDI with HX devices as well as an excellent spreadsheet showing the specific commands available for each HX device(Rack,Floor, LT, FX, Stomp). Thanks Stoopalini!

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/the-unofficial-helix-midi-guide.1954544/