Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to combine 2 Snapshots in a single Snapshot

ghosttrooper

What exactly are you trying to do? A snapshot is what it is...a single entity, saved in a particular location. You can't merge them. It wouldn't accomplish anything anyway... two snapshots producing different tones, layered on top of each other, will produce a wall of mud.

• Like 1

..... but if you want to do it anyway, create a 3rd snapshot that has all blocks that are ON in either the Fender and Walsh snapshots turned ON. However, if the same FX  block is already ON in both other snapshots but has different parameter value settings ... well, you have to pick one or the other. OR duplicate the FX block so that you can use both sets of parameter values. Which, of course, will lead to the wall of mud.

25 minutes ago, ghosttrooper said:

Hi

i found this Hotel California Preset with seperate Snapshots for Felder and Walsh ..... is it possible to combine those 2 into a new Snaphots so that you can have both sounds at the same time ?

thanks  

For solos and rhythms?

6 hours ago, ghosttrooper said:

Hi

i found this Hotel California Preset with seperate Snapshots for Felder and Walsh ..... is it possible to combine those 2 into a new Snaphots so that you can have both sounds at the same time ?

thanks  

If the snapshots are only using one path just put both paths in one snapshot. I assume you're trying to play the dual guitar solo at the end with Felder and Walsh by yourself. Might be a better way to go about it this by just using the harmonizer.

If you are just trying to switch between rhythm and lead than find a way to either put the two tones on separate paths and toggle the output blocks or assign all the relevant blocks/parameters to a stomp switch and toggle. If you aren't using snapshots yet though I would encourage you to start. Makes everything easier, especially complicated changes between tones.

1 hour ago, ghosttrooper said:

i just want to have a preset to have both sounds at the same time .... like in the original recording when both playing the solo part in 5:40

then adding a pitch shifter to have this 2 voicing effect

You can't do that with snapshots. The original recording is two different instruments playing a harmonized line. The best you can do to emulate that on your own is to pick a tone and play whichever line you're most comfortable with, and use a smart harmony block to create the accompanying part.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cruisinon2 said:

You can't do that with snapshots. The original recording is two different instruments playing a harmonized line. The best you can do to emulate that on your own is to pick a tone and play whichever line you're most comfortable with, and use a smart harmony block to create the accompanying part.

Exactly, and just to be clear,  a pitch shifter won't take into account the key and scale being played, but a harmonizer will.  The issue with those particular harmonies is the key and scale being used changes throughout the lead based on the underlying chord being played.  The only way to do it accurately is to use different non-latched buttons each one with different harmony definitions.

3 hours ago, DunedinDragon said:

The only way to do it accurately is to use different non-latched buttons each one with different harmony definitions.

I'd hafta dig out my 500X and find the patch, as it's been a bunch of years since I've played this tune live... but you can get damn close with the harmonizer set to either the melodic minor, or harmonic minor scale...I forget which at this point, but it's one of the two. It may not be 100% accurate to the original recording, but it's so friggin close, the only one who'll notice is the schmuck with perfect pitch, standing against the back wall with his arms folded, critiquing every note. There's always one...;)