Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Pod Farm With Pod X3 Live

akaiyang

Hi Guys,

I really need some help. Basically, I am looking to use the POD farm via the  POD X3 Live. i.e.

1.  I am currently using the following but cannot figure out how to monitor real time using the tones from Pod farmi.e. Guitar Input  >>>> POD X3 Live >>>>> USB Cable to Compute >>>> POd Farm >>> ???

So I want to use the a setup by bypassing the tones from POD X3 Live and using it only as an audio interface. I want to be able to use MONITORING from Pod Farm and use the tone from POD Farm to record. Basically, in real time and not in post processing....I am looking for the following setup:

Guitar Input > POD X3 Live only as audio interface > USB Cable to Computer >Pod Farm > Real time play and  recording with 

Pod Farm. And, monitoring with  

tones from Pod Farm.

Can I use POD X3 with Pod farm in real time play? or can it only be used in post processing i.e. recording the dry signal and then using the plugin. I want to be able to create the tone on Pod farm by playing it in realtime.

Please let me know.

Since the POD Farm plug-in has the same amps and effects as the X3, you could tweak on the X3 live, and record the dry signal via the ASIO sends.  I would also record the wet signal on a separate track as a reference, but leave it out of your final mix. 

Once you have it dialed in, make a note of your X3 settings and use the POD Farm plug-in to recreate them on the dry track.

There may also be a way to use the X3 as an input device for the POD Farm 2 stand-alone program, but since it's been a while since I've owned an X3, I don't recall how to do that.  The methodology there, would be to tweak in PF2 and save the settings.  They could then be opened in the POD Farm 2 plug in.

In either case, the POD Farm 2 plug-in is not for live play, or first takes.  It is an effect to be added in post production.

or can it only be used in post processing i.e. recording the dry signal and then using the plugin....

Once you have it dialed in, make a note of your X3 settings and use the POD Farm plug-in to recreate them on the dry track.

You can even use Gearbox to save the preset from the X3 to the Pod Farm preset folder on your computer. That way you can call up the X3 preset in Pod Farm without having to recreate settings.

• Upvote 1

• 8 years later...