Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New to this and need help.

Ok people I'm probably in the wrong form but here goes.  I just traded for a Line 6 UX2 without any softwear or instructions.  I can't get it to work.  What do I need to do get this working?  I'm not very computer skilled so if you could keep it simple that would be great.  I do have lights and at 1st both clip lights were flashing but after awhile they stopped.  Thanks for any help on this matter.....Dan

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DOIeJjy9Ruro&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjnmq6Ow_7lAhW8SBUIHTuGC2sQtwIwAHoECAoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0jHBT0sPugiYHBU4DskDIb

This is a tutorial made by line6 to watch. It's all in there. Try this and if you haven't had any luck, come back with some specific details on whats wrong. Operating system and version is handy to know.

One thing to note, is it a red ux2 or a black podstudio ux2? Be sure to select the correct model type ux2 it is when you input your serial number, which should be on a sticker on the back or underneath the unit, when you register your device to your account. This fooled me for a day!

You can download everything from line6.com that you need, no discs are needed.

Ok.  I did all that and still nothing.  I have the black pod UX2.  I did get the Farm Pod to install.  Meters light on but get no signal at all. Guitar is plugged in with a tested chord and still nothing.  I don't know if its input or output problems  I tried the "analog out" to a  powered speakers sound bar and have tried "headphone out" (both from the UX2) to the computers multimedia speakers.  Like I said I have know idea what I'm doing and really don't know much computer lingo. Thanks again for your time......Dan

Ok. You need to select your guitar or microphone input. Whichever you want to use. If you are using Podfarm stanalone, there is a drop down menu at the top where you select guitar or mic. If you aren't using standalone, you need to select it in your computers settings. What operating system do you use? Mac or pc? Have you set your ux2 as your soundcard for input and output? Perhaps head over to line6.com and download the basic user guide.

On 11/23/2019 at 3:22 PM, Gaz_Ham said:

Ok. You need to select your guitar or microphone input. Whichever you want to use. If you are using Podfarm stanalone, there is a drop down menu at the top where you select guitar or mic. If you aren't using standalone, you need to select it in your computers settings. What operating system do you use? Mac or pc? Have you set your ux2 as your soundcard for input and output? Perhaps head over to line6.com and download the basic user guide.

You are the man for sure.  Thank you so much.  This thing is crazy fun to play with.  Thanks again for all your help.....Dan