Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

1 Preset, 2 units, different Amp-Parameters - please help me

Smashcraaft

My patch-settings (Amp-Parameters) differ from one unit to another!

The unit on the left side is a HD500x, the one on the right side is a HD500
The unit on the right side differes in a missing "Blackface Lux", which is wrongly replaced by a "Blackpanel Pete"
and all Amp-parameters seems to be at the default-settings.

I have re-flashed the POD500 (noX) but the problem is still the same.
It is espacially spooky, because the following preset 01D is the same one as the 01C where only the Phaser is turned on.

I will now reflash the unit 2-3 times again.
Please help me!

01C-1.jpg

03A-1.jpg

03A-2.jpg

Welcome back Smashcraaft!

Questions:

- are all the same model packs authorized in both devices?

- is your computer authorized?

The fact that the Black Panel Pete (which is a Deluxe Reverb based amp) has been replaced by the stock Deluxe Reverb does not seem a simple coincidence and makes me think that the Editor on the left behaves as it doesn't see the model packs, whereas I guess the original patch probably has been built the first time with the model pack installed/authorized..

Also, I suspect that being the 2 editors basically identical to each other even if not 100%, who knows, some weird overlapping data between the two could have occurred, but I'm more inclined to believe in the previous reason.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Upvote 1

Hi Nico. I was off for months from the forum and was positively surprised to see you back here, too.
Did you discard your own board-project overall? My latest knowing was, that you left here for some reasons.

However, I will investigate the authorisation of both model packs and get back with the information. 
The computer is already checked and authorized.

As always... please excuse my poor english!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Smashcraaft said:

Hi Nico. I was off for months from the forum and was positively surprised to see you back here, too.
Did you discard your own board-project overall? My latest knowing was, that you left here for some reasons.

However, I will investigate the authorisation of both model packs and get back with the information. 
The computer is already checked and authorized.

As always... please excuse my poor english!

Thanks!..

My own forum board website is still active, when I had the idea of making it I hoped it would be attended by many more people, but for the moment I have to settle for an average of about 70 visitors a day from various countries, it's not much but at least it's not nothing.

(today 28 november 2019 stats below here)

kknUJlW.png

IhCvIiE.png

Considering that apart from my personal time (not a little) spent initially especially in the design and implementation phase of the board (I never made a website before), I didn't spend even 1 penny to promote it and for its hosting, I can't really complain about the current results.

I have other things much more important to do and also some new projects that I would like to realize, when I have some free time I try to add some articles to my site, I make updates if they are necessary, and I control its traffic.

Since several visitors read the contents but rarely write, I'm thinking of transforming it from forum to read only blog, but it takes time and so I have to wait for the right moment to do it.

It's true, I was going to leave this Line6 forum, but I'm still here, apparently that moment hasn't arrived yet

Don't worry about your english, I'm not a mother tongue either.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Like 1

You are right, Nico. I found all devices authorized  but the Model Pack Add-Ons seemed to be disabled somehow!
This must have happended during on of the former FW-Updates, because the add-ons were disabled on my 500x (rehearsal) and my 500 POD for home use.

Because of this, all amp-parameters in all my presets were corrupted and set to default. 
The only reason I thought only some presets were corrupted was, that is was more noticable in those. 

Fortunately I have backups which reach 24 month backwards, so I can use a valid one from August 2019 (the 3 later ones were corrupted).

Picture: This is a screenshot from the internet, but it describes what was statet by the License Manager.

HD500-License.png.a5b8641868777b8f2cfa9c7172df97f7.png

This may also be part of the problem.
Pic 1: The License Manager shown in Monkey is newer, than the one stated as newest for Windows
(BTW on MacOS the latest is 1.14)

Monkey-LM112_beimMac114.png.a50188ab5ab969ce73b690a17160f14d.png

Pic 2: Taken from the "POD HD Preset Tool" website.
The problem of the DEP set to default seems to have happended before.
But I am unsure if the converter-tool will help to avoid this, in opposite to just rename the suffix between the 500 and the 500x

2015-06-01:

• Converter: Fixed DEP amp and cab settings for newer firmware versions (v2.26). After the latest firmware update, they might have been set to defaults after conversions (Thanks to Timothy for pointing this out!).

By the way: There still isn't a tool to export preset-settings as a text or data-sheet file, isn't it?

18 minutes ago, Smashcraaft said:

This may also be part of the problem.
Pic 1: The License Manager shown in Monkey is newer, than the one stated as newest for Windows

The mismatching versions issue could happen when you install manually some of the softwares.

It shouldn't happen if you do all your installations and updates through Monkey.

In any case IMO L6 should activate to resolve these discrepancies.

18 minutes ago, Smashcraaft said:

The problem of the DEP set to default seems to have happended before.
But I am unsure if the converter-tool will help to avoid this, in opposite to just rename the suffix between the 500 and the 500x

Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that the best and more reliable converter-tool is the Editor itself (even if it is still a little buggy from ages), by using the drag and drop method to load the patches or setlists which need to be converted..

Simply changing the file extension is not a good conversion method for me, since doing so the parameters which would need to be adapted wouldn't change accordingly.

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hurghanico said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that the best and more reliable converter-tool is the Editor itself (even if it is still a little buggy from ages), by using the drag and drop method to load the patches or setlists which need to be converted..

So please let's think over in my case (500x at rehearsal and the 500q@home). You would...

1. edit some presets @home because you have the time to optimize them
  2. after you are done you open and connect the 500Edit and let it import the presets from the device
  3. after that you open the 500XEdit in offline mode as a second instance
  4. and copy over all presets / just the presets you edited.
  5. To take the updated presets to rehearsal you now save the complete bundle of the XEditor (which is in offline mode) to a location you can access at rehearsal (clouddrive or USB-Stick).

This way?  

8 minutes ago, Smashcraaft said:

So please let's think over in my case (500x at rehearsal and the 500q@home). You would...

1. edit some presets @home because you have the time to optimize them
  2. after you are done you open and connect the 500Edit and let it import the presets from the device
  3. after that you open the 500XEdit in offline mode as a second instance
  4. and copy over all presets / just the presets you edited.
  5. To take the updated presets to rehearsal you now save the complete bundle of the XEditor (which is in offline mode) to a location you can access at rehearsal (clouddrive or USB-Stick).

This way?  

It should work..

certainly the ideal would have been that both devices were "X", both because no conversion would have been necessary to share the patches, and also because since you build your patches on the less powerful device, you will never take advantage of that 20% more resources available in the other unit, for example to be able to build 2-independent-complete-rigs-in-1 patch, which could be very useful in some cases.

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips