Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powercab and Celestion F12-X200

tayamaj

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't recommend it. The speaker models in Powercab are designed to work with the stock speaker. Using a different speaker might not necessarily sound bad, but it probably wouldn't sound like the speakers that were modeled.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/5/2019 at 8:15 PM, amsdenj said:

I wouldn't recommend it. The speaker models in Powercab are designed to work with the stock speaker. Using a different speaker might not necessarily sound bad, but it probably wouldn't sound like the speakers that were modeled.

Great point and doubtless true but I would still be curious to hear it. You could lose some modeling accuracy/authenticity but as you point out the result might still be worth it.  It would be interesting if Line6 released a PowerCab down the line that had the F12-X200 speaker stock. Not that I want to see the one I already own devalued ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting speaker.  Awesome that Celestion even provides a DIY cabinet design.  I'd love to see some specs on the speaker alone and the DIY cabinet w/ speaker.

That said, the PoweCab likely compensates for the EQ curve of the stock speaker.  So dropping a different speaker in will probably sound a bit different.  The PowerCab uses a 12" with built in tweeter as well, so the differences are probably minimal though.

Would be sweet to get a few of these and make a 412 or something, or make some floor monitors.

• 4 weeks later...