Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Jam Looping with FBV3 Pedal

rossi141

Hi All - I really hope someone can help. I have spent hours researching how to use the loop function of my Spider Jam via the FBV3 pedal. I have found nothing that suggests that it does not work, in fact the documentation says the FBV3 is fully compatible with Spider Jam. I am trying to do the following:

1. Create live loop

2. Have the loop continue to play

3. Stop the loop playing

Really, I just want it to function like a loop pedal (which is one of the main functions which I purchased this for).

I can do this on the Spider Jam itself, however, I cannot get the FBV3 pedal to trigger this functionality, which makes it difficult to use on stage.

Using a loop pedal is no use either, as the guitar sound that I need is different for the looping vs the overlay.

As a workaround for now, I have attached an acoustic guitar to the Aux via a loop pedal, and associated the Aux with the Mic so that it is not affected by the FX on the guitar. But this only works for this 1 instance where I have an actual guitar with the sound that I want handy, and if the loop has enough time for me to switch guitars live.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

(BTW - pointing me to the manual, advanced manual, compatibility charts etc does not work - I have looked at all of these.)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Here are the steps you need to take, if you haven't already figured this out. On the Spider Jam  do the following:

1. press the Tone/Settings button 3 times
  2. Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see FBV Controller Mode
  3. Press the right arrow on the directional pad
  4. use the scroll wheel to choose between normal mode and loop control mode.

Hope that helps!

• 2 years later...