Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Iv Edit Connecting Issue

keneds

Curious if i'm doing something wrong......When working with Spider Edit, I have the usb connected to my FBV Express pedal into my computer and the cat5 cable connected from the amp to the pedal,,,,,When i start the edit program it always tells me "No Line 6 device connected"   It takes me quite a few open and closing of the program before it detects my amp. Is there something i'm not doing right? Thanks, Ken

I have a spider 75 amp and a PODHD500x. what is the best way to connect them. I would like to use the effect from the POD but it seem that the POD is acting like a pre-amp. Any idea's on the best way to get the most from the set-up?

You'll do better starting your own thread than posting in an unrelated thread.

I

2 ways to use the Pod with the Spider:

1) Guitar > Pod line out > Spider guitar input.  Keep the Spider on Clean setting

2) Guitar > Pod line out > Spider CD/MP3 input.  This bypasses the Spider preamp/FX section

What OS you are using? If it is a mac you need to be logged in as admin - otherwise it would work...

I don't use a Mac, but I "ran as administrator" and it worked, I also switched my usb cable. Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...

Running it on a mac. OS X Version 10.9.2

No matter what combo of connecting and starting up Spider Edit it says no line 6 device connected.

Spider IV 75 Amp

FBV Express MKII

Tried different cables. I used the cables to run my printer and it works so cables not the issue.

Kinda frustrated.

The following usually works in Windows, I dont' know about Macs.

Uninstall Spider Edit and any other Line 6 software you have loaded up, including Monkey.  Delete the folder titled 'Line 6' in your program files - it still contains the uninstlaled Line 6 programs files.

Re-download Monkee, then use it to to reinstall Spider Edit.

• Downvote 1