Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Getting the Tone of a Zakk Wylde song See You On the Other Side

omairangel

Hi everyone, I am kind of hooked on that Ozzy Osbourne song, "See You On the Other Side"  Zakk Wylde is playing guitar on this.  I would like to know effects is he using in the Intro.  I can't quite figure that out.  Can someone help?  Does any have a preset for this?  have tried to look on you tube, but found nothing really detailed.  Thank you all so much in advance for your help.

You're welcome. I would start by recreating the signal path shown in the tone template I linked to in my first comment. You can recreate the signal path in your Spider V, Stomp, or a combination of them both. 

• 1 month later...

Hi, the tone templates are actually a fine thing. BUT if I want to use the remonte for the Spider V30 to create these tamplates, this is not possible because firstly the Variax Settings are missing in the Remonte Control and secondly the settings of the corresponding devices such as the overdrive are missing. And without the settings of the devices, as well as the Variax Settings, the Tone Tamplates actually don't use anyone, right? So how do you get the Variax Settings in the Remonte Control for the Spider V30? https://line6.com/data/6/0a06438941d057b76091bd9f3/application/pdf

On 12/4/2019 at 4:59 PM, ADBrown said:

You're welcome. I would start by recreating the signal path shown in the tone template I linked to in my first comment. You can recreate the signal path in your Spider V, Stomp, or a combination of them both. 

It should be easy for Line6 to configure the remonte in such a way that the tone tamplets as shown here can be created, while the remonte can be created and saved on the spider etc. Otherwise you can't do anything with Tone Tamplets, can you? There are also different distortion and amp models that can be called up and saved, so why not also the Line6 guitars, that would not even cost license fees, since it is from our own house. If you go to the top bar in the remonte, you can see there, input. With this button it would be good, great, useful, if you could use it to specify the guitar models specified in the Tone Tamplets, such as the Variax setting in Tone Tamplates Ace Frehley: Lester 1. If that were still possible, it would be dei remonte and the spider absolutely perfect.

Tone Tamplets.jpg

On 1/15/2020 at 2:43 AM, Spiderneuwied said:

Hi, the tone templates are actually a fine thing. BUT if I want to use the remonte for the Spider V30 to create these tamplates, this is not possible because firstly the Variax Settings are missing in the Remonte Control and secondly the settings of the corresponding devices such as the overdrive are missing. And without the settings of the devices, as well as the Variax Settings, the Tone Tamplates actually don't use anyone, right? So how do you get the Variax Settings in the Remonte Control for the Spider V30? https://line6.com/data/6/0a06438941d057b76091bd9f3/application/pdf

Spider V and Variax are two separate products and technologies. The only was to use Variax modeling is to use a Variax guitar; there is no Variax modeling in Spider V or Spider V Remote. The guitar model is included in the tone template to provide an overview on an artist's rig. Guitar and pickup type will affect the tone, and this gives anyone with multiple guitars or a Variax a good starting point.

We don't include individual parameter settings because anyone who endeavors to recreate the tone will have a different guitar, playing style, and playing environment and will have to dial it in accordingly.