Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

monkeyonthelam

Hey all,

Two weeks into using the HX Effects, my first ever multi-effects pedal in 30 years of playing. Loving it so far, particularity its small form factor.
My only complaint is the tuner. It is fantastic, but I don't like that it is assigned to the TAP button requiring you to hold it down for what is probably only a second to activate, but in a fast paced gig environment it feels like ten seconds.
I've done a bit of a search and there doesn't appear to be any way around this but thought I'd check on here if anyone has a tip. I personally don't use the tap function so I would be happy if it could be disabled so that hitting the button would immediately turn on the tuner. Otherwise I may have to start bringing my Peterson, but that's a pain. 
Thank you to anyone who may have a work around.

You could get a mini midi foot controller like the DMC micro. CC#68 with values of 0/127 turn the tuner on/off.

Or you could use the Mr. Miyagi method. Just think "Tuner ON"/"Tuner OFF". "Tuner ON"/"Tuner OFF". "Tuner ON"/"Tuner OFF". "Tuner ON"/"Tuner OFF"...............

I think there's a joke that starts "You can turn a tuna on, but....."

EDIT: OOPS! Just noticed you've got HX FX not HX Stomp. My Bad! Midi suggestion still applies.

Edited by rd2rk
bad info

On 12/3/2019 at 7:42 PM, monkeyonthelam said:

I've done a bit of a search and there doesn't appear to be any way around this but thought I'd check on here if anyone has a tip. I personally don't use the tap function so I would be happy if it could be disabled so that hitting the button would immediately turn on the tuner.

There is a few suggestions for "quicker access" to the tuner on Ideascale (line6.ideascale.com). 

You could upvote one of those, and/or create something more specific for your needs and ask people to upvote that. 

IMO... having the ability to put the tuner on any footswitch is my favorite idea... although idea is for the Helix, it should also apply for the HX Effects. 

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Assign-Helix-Tuner-to-any-footswitch/942191-23508 

Having the options to disable TAP and just make that an instant tuner button wouldn't be a bad idea either :) 

• 3 months later...

Totally agree with you here, I owned a Helix floor and bought a Korg pitchblack to put in front of the Helix (which seems crazy considering how big and beautiful the screen is). Now I have an HX Stomp and I'm again wishing there was a way to turn on the tuner just kicking a button quickly (like we have been doing with every other tuner since the dawn of tuners). Would love to have more flexibility on this. I agree with you that its probably only a half second, but its an awkward half second where you look like a bit of a jackass in front of your audience (especially if you're the frontman responsible for engagement). Hope to have a solution in the next firmware, I upvoted the ideascale entry.