Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Gearbox VST plugin

Hi

Have been used Gearbox many years, but last month I found a happy new life with DAW. I use Cakewalk with many plugins with no problem.

I have been tried to take Gearbox in place in my DAW, but I can not get the sound trough it. DAW do find the plugin dll and the control table appears onto the screen but no sound at all.

Have somebody tips what I have to do for the problem ( not buy Pod Farm )

Thanks

Ilkka

6 hours ago, ilkkar59 said:

Hi

Thanks for you kind replay

After I bought the  Guitarport many years ago.

I don't think you'll be able to get GearBox running on a newer system, as it's been dead for about 10 years now. Do you still have the GuitarPort? If so, I'd suggest opening up a support ticket: https://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html

If you no longer have the hardware, there's probably nothing you can do as the GearBox license was tied to the hardware.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Please find CW screen capture attached. It seems that the Gearbox is waiting somekind of activation by Line 6 ( text in the black box at the right bottom of Gerabox table ) ??

I have registered my Guitarport many years ago and still using as a guitar adapter for PC and Cakewalk and it works fine. There are many selfmade and paid tones in Gearbox, which I have to  open up with the CW.

So the problem still is, that I can not get the sound trough Gearbox to Cakewalk.

If I install free POD 2 VST, how I can move the Tones of Gearbox to POD 2 ??

Thanks and have a nice wekend.

Ilkka2074585841_CakewalkGearbox.thumb.jpg.0e75eb27d6cc41994c49a51b74303d44.jpg

When I changed from Gearbox to Podfarm, the user patches did not transfer as they use a different format.  Note, also, that the free version cannot be used as VST, only as stand-alone.  You can use Podfarm when recording by setting the input of your DAW to Podfarm, of course, but not as in insert on a track, so that means you cannot change any settings after recording, the way you can with a VST.