Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Nudging the multi select knob has gotten tedious!

hideout

Having to continually nudge that Multi Select knob probably leads to its premature failure AND it’s so tedious. 
I think I have a better idea. 
Allow us to assign a specific effects block to each of the 6 knobs under the screen. 
I already submitted the idea. 
https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Assign-specific-effects-blocks-to-each-knob-under-the-screen/970702-23508?submitted=1

2 hours ago, chasingMango said:

If I understand your idea correctly, I think its good... might require more details on the idea scale page though.  Plus you have a typo:

"This way if you ???? any of the six knobs"

Typo corrected.

Yeah my Boss GT 100 had this feature in their hardware version and pc editor version where you could assign various parameters to the 8 knobs for easier on the fly adjustments.  Which I find easier than the toe tapping adjustments we can do.  

In my GT I assigned the Preamp A level, Preamp B level and Patch Level.....though because I used a button to create my lead boosts, any adjustment made to the patch level was immediately ruined when I stepped on my lead boost button as it overrode my adjustment and set it back to what was programmed in that menu.  

It'd be nice if the lead boosts/volume boosts were done in a +/- sorta way rather than a 100 > 106 way.  that way no matter what your starting ending values are...the +6db would take affect from there.  Which you can do through a gain block sure...but that's an extra block which I don't always have room for.

Are we talking about the joystick?  If so, you can set it to rotate instead of press in the direction you want to go.  That coupled with the amp button as DI said gets me where I need to be pretty quickly. 

I agree with OP though.  Pushing the joystick left/right or up/down was not a good feeling. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Digital_Igloo said:

Once a preset's been created, I almost never use the joystick. Just touch the stomp switches (or press the AMP button). It won't get you to effects blocks not already assigned to switches, but it should get you within a click or two.

That seems like a kludge. Especially when you’re in Snap/Preset mode. 

7 hours ago, erabjohns said:

Are we talking about the joystick?  If so, you can set it to rotate instead of press in the direction you want to go.  That coupled with the amp button as DI said gets me where I need to be pretty quickly. 

I agree with OP though.  Pushing the joystick left/right or up/down was not a good feeling. 

This ^^^ I find it so much better that way. IMO that should be the default behavior. Plus it prevents changing the block to a different amp/effect if you rotate the wheel accidentally. I lost count of how many times I did that after carefully dialing in an amp or effect and losing my settings because I hadn't saved yet :\