Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT Power Consumption

OrangeBlackstar

Hello all, 

i apologize if this is a a simple question but I can’t find the answer anywhere online or in the pdf of the manual. I recently ordered the Helix LT and I wanted to double check that it’s safe to plug into the power strip I have. I bought a low grade power conditioner/surge protector from live wire and it says the max it can power is 15 amps. I’ve seen the number 60 watts thrown around online for the Helix but I haven’t seen it in official writing/documents. Because of this, I was wondering if someone could tell me the amount of watts, volts, and amps the LT consumes/needs. This is probably me just being extra about it but I just spent $1100 on this so I’d rather double check than have something tragic happen. 

For the power strip in question, I’d be plugging in the LT, my pedal power 2 plus, and some very low grade studio monitors (less than $100 for both). Occasionally my computer might get plugged in but that’s about it. This wasn’t necessarily for complete and utter destruction of excess noise or elimination of subpar power, it was more so a last line of defense for the safety of my equipment so that I can sleep better at night. 

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you. 

It is nothing you have to worry about. Exact consumption, I have no idea - but I doubt it's more than 1amp... maybe a little more at start up. If 60 watts is an accurate number, then that is well under 1 amp. 

The amount of gear you are listing is no match for a 15A circuit.