Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External looper with helix

jussipattitussi

You can put a looper before the Helix (Guitar > Looper > Helix), inline via an FX Loop (Guitar > Helix > FX Loop to Looper > Helix), or after the Helix (Helix > Out > Looper > Speakers). Where you put it depends on what you can do with it.

I have a Stereo looper (JamMan Solo XT). I output the Helix Main Outs to the JamMan, then out to a Mixer. I can select a Preset, record a Loop, then select a different Preset (or Snapshot, effects in the current Preset, etc...) and overdub the first loop with that. Is that what you're trying to do?

8 hours ago, LMychajluk said:

I have a Stereo looper (JamMan Solo XT). I output the Helix Main Outs to the JamMan, then out to a Mixer. I can select a Preset, record a Loop, then select a different Preset (or Snapshot, effects in the current Preset, etc...) and overdub the first loop with that. Is that what you're trying to do?

Thanks a lot for advice! This is what i trying to do. But i'm not actually sure how to connect my looper pedal to helix so it will work that way . Never used a pedal with helix. My looper pedal has In, Ctrl in, To mixer and To amp. So how do i connect/put wires from it to helix and guitar? I use only headphones. 

Guitar > (Helix) GUITAR IN

If you want to use the PHONES output of your Helix, then I would use an FX loop:

(Helix) SEND1 > (Looper) IN  -- (Looper) TO MIXER or TO AMP(you have to adjust the send/return level in the global Helix settings) > (Helix) RETURN1

Then just put a fx loop1 block at the end of the signal chain.

But this method works not well, if you want to change the preset during the playback (dropouts)

Then connect it this way: Guitar > (Helix) GUITAR IN -- (Helix) OUT > (looper) IN -- (looper) TO MIXER > you need a mixer or something to plug in you headphones if your looper does not have a PHONES output

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Bonjour, je viens d'acheter un looper Ditto jam X 2 et je l'ai connecté à l'hélice comme suit: preset vide, ajout d'un bloc send 1 / add return 1 et là j'ai un son à décalage de phase limitant les types de chorus ... le système est publié sur un haut-parleur intelligent qu1Qu16A & H et lucas. Avez-vous une idée ? Merci d'avance

• 2 years later...
On 2/26/2020 at 2:52 AM, brune said:

Bonjour, je viens d'acheter un looper Ditto jam X 2 et je l'ai connecté à l'hélice comme suit: preset vide, ajout d'un bloc send 1 / add return 1 et là j'ai un son à décalage de phase limitant les types de chorus ... le système est publié sur un haut-parleur intelligent qu1Qu16A & H et lucas. Avez-vous une idée ? Merci d'avance

Je connecterais le départ 1 au looper in et le looper out au retour 1, puis j'aurais le départ/retour à la fin de votre chaîne de préréglages. de cette façon, vous pouvez enregistrer une boucle propre de signal sec, puis vous pouvez overdub en utilisant le signal humide. Je n'ai pas encore essayé mais c'est ce que je compte faire ce soir.

On 8/3/2022 at 6:43 PM, Jmontana19kc said:

Je connecterais le départ 1 au looper in et le looper out au retour 1, puis j'aurais le départ/retour à la fin de votre chaîne de préréglages. de cette façon, vous pouvez enregistrer une boucle propre de signal sec, puis vous pouvez overdub en utilisant le signal humide. Je n'ai pas encore essayé mais c'est ce que je compte faire ce soir.

In case you didn’t notice - “brune” made that post back in February 2020, and has posted nothing since, so your comment may not be received by “brune”.

Recently there was a another thread regarding how, and where to patch in an external looper - here’s a link if you care to take a look.

https://line6.com/support/topic/64259-external-looper-wiring-and-signal-chain-assistance/#comment-434409

Google Translate:

Au cas où vous ne l'auriez pas remarqué - "brune" a publié ce message en février 2020 et n'a rien publié depuis, donc votre commentaire peut ne pas être reçu par "brune".

Récemment, il y avait un autre sujet concernant comment et où patcher un looper externe - voici un lien si vous voulez jeter un œil.

Hope this helps/makes sense.