Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD150 used as head

minderaser332

I've had 4 Hd150s. in Cali I used my HD150 head with a Bugera 4x12 stereo stereo cab and it was great. Now I'm using an HD150 2x12 combo with the same cab and it's scaring me. pops and such. someone on here claiming to be a Linw6 tech said we shouldn't use it as a head. It's confusing with the ohms.. should i just use 1 speaker cable and run the cab on mono?

I have that. I ran it stereo at 8 with 2 cables, but heard some pops after a few days. I'll try it some more. I truly love HD150 set on Dual Rectifier with the boost tweaked. the bass on this Bugera cab has gotten me a lot of compliments on my sound, Thanks for the reply!

You do not want to run it in mono with only one speaker cable hooked to it, this will cause an imbalance in the amplifier section and eventually cause something to burn out.  If you run two cables to one set of speakers (hooked up in mono), it will change the impedance the amp sees.

Make sure you are using speaker cables and not instrument cables (which are not suitable for the voltage/power).