Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit no device connected

rockinb

I've been away on holidaze for a few weeks.  i just got back and felt i was brave enough to try again to upgrade my firmware and HX edit to the 2.82 versions.   I had tried and failed a couple months ago and  I went back to 2.71 in both the firmware and the edit and was doing fine. 

Today, I hooked up my Helix floor (which is working fine) to my PC running Windows 10.  I cannot get HX Edit to recognize my floor unit no matter what !   I have tried restarts , different USB cables and every 3.0 USB port on my computer.  HX edit was fine before I went away.   All I get is ... HX Edit no device connected 

Any help most appreciated ...!

If you are still on 2.71 and don't want to update, I would try to reinstall HX Edit 2.71 (maybe a Windows update has deleted the drivers or something)

Because you have issues with the drivers anyway, try to update again. ...I think you are brave enough ;)

-Turn off/unplug the Helix and close all line6/audio software.

-Unistall the line6 software(HX Edit, updater, drivers) and reboot the pc

-Install HX Edit 2.82 - When you get to the options section of the install, leave them all checked.

-Connect/turn on the Helix and start the Updater and update(I hope you have a connection)

(If the update process stucks more than an hour, you should restart the Helix with FS6 and FS12 pressed (update mode))