Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT 2.82 hates HX Edit, USB connection discussion

vstrattomusic

Anyone else? Have you found a solution? HX Edit is up to date, it happens with things like delays, reverbs, assigning the pedal & buttons, I can't remember if it happens after saving or what, but HX Edit goes full dumb, starts sending error messages, and you fix it by plugging and unplugging the USB cable I think.

Do you know anything of the quality of the USB cable that's included with the Helix? I use the reamping funcion a lot, for my own songs and I'm producing an album for a friends' band now, it's very rare but sometimes I find glitches in the re-recorded audio. Any way to prevent this?

Thanks

Bye

On 12/8/2019 at 12:46 PM, vstrattomusic said:

Anyone else? Have you found a solution? HX Edit is up to date, it happens with things like delays, reverbs, assigning the pedal & buttons, I can't remember if it happens after saving or what, but HX Edit goes full dumb, starts sending error messages, and you fix it by plugging and unplugging the USB cable I think.

Do you know anything of the quality of the USB cable that's included with the Helix? I use the reamping funcion a lot, for my own songs and I'm producing an album for a friends' band now, it's very rare but sometimes I find glitches in the re-recorded audio. Any way to prevent this?

Thanks

Bye

I would definitely try swapping out the USB cable. Also try moving it around to other USB ports. The USB port on the back of your computer is usually the most reliable connection as it not in a hub configuration as the ports on the front of your PC frequently are.

1 hour ago, HonestOpinion said:

I would definitely try swapping out the USB cable.

Every bit this.

As weird as it might seem in these days, really great USB cables are a rather rare breed. In addition, the Helix is really sensible when it comes to USB connections (no idea why, doesn't even need to be bus powered and the required bandwidth is covered multiple times, even by USB2)

That's why you need to check out multiple USB cables. In case you stumble upon a good one, treat it like a raw egg (and make sure to mark it - seriously!).