Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I bought Helix Native for my HX Effects

vanilla

Is this what I bought?

Helix Native 1.82

If not... where can I download Helix Native for HX Effects? And or where do I need to go, to register Helix Native for HX Effects once i'm able to download Helix Native for HX Effects, if I can download Helix Native for my HX Effects.

I bought HX Effects by Line 6 from an official musical instruments store. Hahalp

6 hours ago, vanilla said:

Is this what I bought?

Helix Native 1.82

If not... where can I download Helix Native for HX Effects? And or where do I need to go, to register Helix Native for HX Effects once i'm able to download Helix Native for HX Effects, if I can download Helix Native for my HX Effects.

I bought HX Effects by Line 6 from an official musical instruments store. Hahalp

Hi Vanilla,

You appear to be somewhat confused - there is no such thing as  "Helix Native for HX Effects", so I'm not entirely sure as to what you have got. It could be just the trial version.

You can buy Helix Native (or download the 15 day trial version) from the link here:

https://line6.com/helix/helixnative.html

HX Native has nothing to do with your hardware HX Effects, other than as an owner of the hardware unit you qualify for a discount on the Helix Native plugin software. The plugin is a fully functional software version of a full Helix and is limited only by how much processing power available in your host computer and Digital Audio Workstation.

If you have bought a copy of Helix Native 1.82 then that should be installed on your computer where it runs as a VST/AU plugin in whatever DAW you have installed and wish to use as the host for Native. When you run Native for the first time you will be required to register the application for it to work properly. When you bought the software you should also have received an activation code to use unlock the software from simply running as a trial version.

I suggest that it may be worth taking some time to look at the 4 part instructional video for Helix Native that has been done by Chad Boston, it covers all the main things you need to know.

Here is a link to part 1, start here then watch the others in the series.

• 2 months later...
On 12/9/2019 at 10:04 AM, datacommando said:

Hi Vanilla,

You appear to be somewhat confused - there is no such thing as  "Helix Native for HX Effects", so I'm not entirely sure as to what you have got. It could be just the trial version.

You can buy Helix Native (or download the 15 day trial version) from the link here:

https://line6.com/helix/helixnative.html

HX Native has nothing to do with your hardware HX Effects, other than as an owner of the hardware unit you qualify for a discount on the Helix Native plugin software. The plugin is a fully functional software version of a full Helix and is limited only by how much processing power available in your host computer and Digital Audio Workstation.

I know this post is kinda old, but last year I got an HX FX, and then I got a promo for "Helix Native for HX FX owners" and I think that's probably what OP was talking about? It's full version of Helix Native, just discounted for people who already own hardware versions. I got mine from Sweetwater, I assume it's available in general, though?