Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.82 update

rockinb

not more than 20 minutes

If the update stucks much longer restart the Helix with FS6 and FS12 pressed.

If that does not help:

Turn off the Helix and close all line6/audio software.

Reinstall HX Edit (2.82) - When you get to the options section of the install, leave them all checked.

Try again

Normal is about 20 minutes I think. I had the same problem with the 2.8 update.

I had waited more than an hour an nothing happened.(Yes, I have followed the instructions)

After I restarted/reinstalled the update it was done in 10 minutes.

Turn off the Helix. Than turn on the Helix and hold FS6+12. Maybe this could help.

I had the same problem at this point. I have turned off my Helix and closed all line6 software.

Then I have installed HX Edit again. ....something happened to the drivers(no connection) during the update, I don't know why.

But on the 2nd try it worked without problems.

one more thx to Peter ....

finally got it .. not sure how ! ... many attempts ; reloaded the HX Edit 5 times, tried button restarts, computer restarts , etc. ... the hammer was looking good !

then , did an install all normally again and it flew thru w/o issue and w/o the dreaded error pause in the middle !?? ...

man , it hope Line 6 gets their lollipop together before 2.90 comes out !!

be well all ,

rb

The reason the jump to 2.8x was difficult is that there was a complete re-write of the firmware to unify the platform, which included a hot swap of the Helix core.  It appears a lot of people's problems stemmed from not reading/understand/following the directions to the letter. However there was those of us who did follow the directions to the letter and still had issues.   Luckily a quick search of this forum resolved my issues.  But fear not, future updates will be much easier.

3 hours ago, rockinb said:

How long did it take for you guys to get the second phase of the update of the firmware to get past the “boot failure entered update mode” screen on the helix?

When I updated my Helix.... when that message appeared on the Helix there was a dialog that appeared on the computer in order to continue. All I had to do was choose to continue and it went along it's merry way and finished. IIRC... the message on the computer even included "ignore the error message on the device"... I honestly couldn't see how they could have made it any more obvious!  

NOW... IF THAT MESSAGE on the computer falls behind an open window, or is minimized to the task bar... you won't know it exists and you will sit there forever waiting. 

18 hours ago, codamedia said:

When I updated my Helix.... when that message appeared on the Helix there was a dialog that appeared on the computer in order to continue. All I had to do was choose to continue and it went along it's merry way and finished. IIRC... the message on the computer even included "ignore the error message on the device"... I honestly couldn't see how they could have made it any more obvious!  

NOW... IF THAT MESSAGE on the computer falls behind an open window, or is minimized to the task bar... you won't know it exists and you will sit there forever waiting. 

I think most of us(me too) saw this message and choosed continue, but the update stucked anyway for hours.

The problem was, that something happened to the driver during the update and the Helix had lost the connection to the pc.

After a reinstallation of HX Edit, it worked again and I could easily complete the update (...yes I had installed the new version including the driver befor the firmware update)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peter said:

I think most of us(me too) saw this message and choosed continue, but the update stucked anyway for hours.

That makes sense...

I never knew that happens - not because it didn't happen to me, but because nobody tells it like that :)  All they ever say is that the Helix got stuck on the "boot failure entered update mode" screen ... they never say they saw the message on the computer and chose to continue - then it hung!

IMO - those would be two different problems. The Devil is in the details when asking for help! 

(sorry, not ranting at you)

• Like 1