Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT Edit question

newidentity

Hi,

Have read through the DT Edit info on this forum- very useful, gonna check it out on my DT25 but this kinda thing is way out of my comfort zone :)  Really cool that someone made the program through. Line 6 should have stepped in and helped refine it to perfection! A few things I'm still not 100% clear on. Any wisdom greatly appreciated:

1) What are the factory amp settings in the DT 25 amp slots I-IV (ie what amp / cab / microphone setting is in each amp slot from factory). I want to know that if I mess about with firmware 2.0 and DT Edit and make a total mess of settings (highly likely) that I can reset the DT25 to factory settings as it is now. Would reverting to firmware 1.0 do this?

2) Does the "cabinet modelled direct out" on the back of the amp change its respective cabinet model every time you select a new amp / cab combo setting on the amp... or is it a global cab setting for that direct out?

3) What is the factory (firmware 1.0) setting of the master channel 'microphone' parameter on DTedit? Is this just something you set globally for the whole amp (including direct out) or is it something that changes with each selection I-IV

4) Last one - I promise! Other threads suggest that you "can't load & save" with DT Edit. If you hook your amp up to PC via midi, make changes via DTEdit, power down amp, disconnect the midi cables, then use DT25 as standalone (not connected to PC via midi), do you then have all your settings saved within the amp that you made when using DTEdit? Or does "can't load & save" mean that you have to connect to DTEdit every time you want to change things from factory firmware?

Apologies if some of these questions sound daft....not my comfort zone!

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

Some of these have been answered in other posts, but I'll add in the following to make it easier for some to search for the info:

1. Default Voicings:   
    - Voicing 1: Blackface Double Normal -> 2x12 Blackface Double Cab
    - Voicing 2: Brit P-75 Bright -> 4x12 Blackback 30 Cab
    - Voicing 3: Class A-30 -> 2x12 Silver Bell Cab 
    - Voicing 4: Treadplate ->4x12 Tread V-30

- You can reset your amp to defaults easily.  Turn it off, Squeeze the Voicing switch down and the Pentode Switch up then power on.  hold it for 20 seconds or so until the Voicing resets to #1.
    -Default Mic for all voicings is SM57  Note that the mic doesn't change with the voicing. (Global)
  2. Every change of cabinet for a voicing affects the XLR output
  3. Don't know because I have firmware 2.0 and I'm not going back.
  4. DT Edit won't save "patches" for you.  It will set the values for Channel A, and Channel B so that when you disconnect everything and power up the amp, it will remember the values you selected for those channels.

Some screen shots of the 4 default voicings in DT Edit attached.

DT25DefaultVoicing1n2.JPG

DT25DefaultVoicing3n4.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...