Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switch variax models with helix footswitch

88stratocaster

Hello!

I am relatively new to the Helix / variax scene.  I have had my helix for a few months, and just picked up a JTV-69S yesterday along with a Variax ethernet cable..  Here's the scenario:  Lets say that I have a preset that is set up for Variax acoustic models.  How can I assign foot switches on the Helix such that foot switch 1 brings up "Acoustic D", footswitch 2 brings up "Acoustic D12" etc.  It would be very handy to have one preset that allows control of multiple Variax models.

Thanks, and I look forward to your replies.

A preset can change a Variax model, and a Snapshot can change a Variax model... but you cannot assign a Variax model change to a foot switch arbitrarily. 

1 hour ago, 88stratocaster said:

How can I assign foot switches on the Helix such that foot switch 1 brings up "Acoustic D", footswitch 2 brings up "Acoustic D12" etc.  It would be very handy to have one preset that allows control of multiple Variax models.

That scenario is quite easy.  Create the acoustic preset, then create snapshots that load the individual models.  If you have effect blocks that you want to control via Stomp Mode and don't like the snapshot changing their on/off status, simply set their "snapshot bypass" option accordingly. 

You assign the parameter (in this case the Variax Model) to the Snapshot controller. The simplest way to do that is to quickly press and turn the encoder where you select the Variax Model. It will appear with white brackets around it indicating that it has been assigned to the Snapshot Controller. Then select your snapshot, assign the model you want, and save the preset after each assignment.

• Like 1