Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L6 Cable Adaptation?

john0255

I have a Helix Floor w/2.210 Firmware. I also have a PC 212+.

Before I go through the "update" to 2.80, is there a way I can use the L6cable without doing the update?

It seems strange to me that the Floor has a L6 port but is not capable of using it with the 212+.

BTW, with 1/4" cable in,  the 212+ sounds fantastic as is. The only reason I purchased the L6 cable is I have to use the 1/4' cables to get true stereo in the house board and want stereo output from the 212+.

Great products, game changer for live sound!

Thanks for any advise in advance!!

I think you can connect Helix to 212 via L6 Link without the update and play, but the update will allow you to control the 212 parameters from the Helix.  However besides that there are a lot of other features you get from the update, why not do it?

P.S. You don't need to buy the proprietary "L6 Link" cable, which seems a bit overpriced... it uses a standard protocol called AES, so just get any AES cable (make sure its not an XLR cable , they look the same but operate differently).

Thank you very much for the reply!

When I connect the L6 to the 212+, nothing comes out.

It works spectacularly with 1/4".

If you know of how I can simply activate the L6 cable from Helix floor or 212+ ,please send instruction if you can.

I can do backup soon there after. I have a gig this Saturday and would just like to use existing parameters until that is done for simplicities sake and time limitations this week.

Thanks again!!!

15 minutes ago, john0255 said:

Thank you very much for the reply!

When I connect the L6 to the 212+, nothing comes out.

It works spectacularly with 1/4".

If you know of how I can simply activate the L6 cable from Helix floor or 212+ ,please send instruction if you can.

I can do backup soon there after. I have a gig this Saturday and would just like to use existing parameters until that is done for simplicities sake and time limitations this week.

Thanks again!!!

The L6 Link connection will pass audio to the Powercab even if you haven't installed the latest update yet. If you have the Output Block on the Helix set to Multi, audio should start passing to the Powercab as soon as you plug it in.

8 hours ago, phil_m said:

The L6 Link connection will pass audio to the Powercab even if you haven't installed the latest update yet. If you have the Output Block on the Helix set to Multi, audio should start passing to the Powercab as soon as you plug it in.

Thanks for the help guys.

TheHelix is set to "Multi" on every patch. It works great 1/4" stereo into the amp this way and sounds phenomenal.

Can't go XLR into the amp from the Helix. I wanted to go 1/4" into house from Helix. Maybe I will try XLR from amp into house and hog two channels?

The L6 cable is a separate setting on this version (2.210). When I switch it to L6 Digital, nothing works with the amp.

I'm thinking I have no choice but to try and get this confusing update done. That's not a bad thing I know, but something I surely didn't anticipate with the 212+. My Roland Chorus will actually do what I need it to do with very good sound without all the trouble for now.

Again, you guys are incredible here at the forum. I'm sure I'll get it sorted out soon.

Thanks for all the help!!!