Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem - Channel A, Dt25

Slidedude

So I swapped out my stock speaker for a Vintage 30. VERY tight fit - I had to mod (bend) the speaker frame a tiny bit so the amp chassis would fit back it (transformer was RIGHT against the frame).

But now when I'm on Ch A, the British Crunch voicing is very thin and anemic. If I set the amp to Ch B with the same settings it's fine. All of the other voicings seem to be fine - only Voicing II on Ch. A.

:-(

Ring any bells with you folks? Could this be a tube issue? I put the exact same EL84's right back in the amp.

Sounds like I'll have to open a support ticket....will the speaker swap void the warranty?

Glad to hear it.  How do you like the V30?  I have pair in my own 2X12 cab and I love them...

So far so good. Seems to have a sweeter high end, and not quite as brittle.

I don't usually use the DT by itself - I usually use it via L6 Link with an HD500. Sometimes when I'm kicking around the studio I'll plug into it instead of hooking up the whole shootin' match. I use it by itself to practice pedal steel. I've found as of late that I'm having some difficulty getting enough clean headroom for the steel - I just ordered a new set of JJ EL84's, so we'll see what happens.

Also, FYI - I found that the transformer had come loose just a tad, so when I tightened it up snug against the chassis it was no longer up against the magnet of the V30, so all is good.

Seems like a direct retrofit from the G12H-90. 

Also, imagine my delight when the reset fixed the issue I was having. I should know by now with digital stuff  - "try a hard reset." Followed quickly by "you DID back up your presets, right?"

• Upvote 1