Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

USB plugged in continuously

OrangeBlackstar

Hello all, 

i apologize if this is a novice/unnecessary question. I was wondering if it would at any point be detrimental to the helix LT if I leave the USB cable plugged in to the back of the unit, but not always connected on the opposite end to another device such as my computer. I have a MacBook so naturally I don’t always keep it in one spot, and the way my helix is positioned makes it so that plugging in the cable and unplugging requires moving a lot of stuff around. Would leaving the cable plugged in essentially be the same as leaving an instrument cable plugged into the input jack constantly? I know I’m probably overthinking this but I just spent over $1100 so I’m not taking any chances. Leaving the cable plugged in even if not connected to something at all times would just make life a little easier. 

Thanks in advance for any and all input. 

On 12/13/2019 at 9:57 AM, cruisinon2 said:

You hafta leave it plugged in, otherwise the 1's and 0's will leak out...

On 12/13/2019 at 10:38 AM, silverhead said:

and then they join to become two halves and all bets are off. I think that's what they mean by quantum computing.......

Could be a 1 or a zero until you actually observe it, or alive or dead if you're Schrodinger's cat. Leaving it unplugged is just fine as long as you don't live under a power line or attempt to keep the end hydrated in a cup of water.