Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Unwanted midi changes to AMP when switching presets

vowitzel

Hi everybody,

I have a challenge - not a huge problem but annoying:

I have a POD500x connect with a MIDI enabled amp (H&K Tubemeister 40).

I use the POD in stompbox mode and have three switches to control the amp's channels (clean, crunch, lead) in power soak mode.

Whenever I switch presets, the amp goes back into "default mode", i.e. clean without power soak.

To fix that I have to tap again the right channel in the preset after switching.

What I'd like to achieve is changing presets without this extra step (so staying in the previous mode OR ensuring the new preset sends a midi signal with power soak on).

Any ideas how to achieve this?

What you need to know is that the POD always sends automatically a MIDI program change every time you select one of its presets.

The automatic MIDI program changing is a fixed behavior that can not be deactivated, but the good news is that by default it happens only on the general MIDI channel set for the device.

Solution:

The MIDI commands sent through your patches can be set to a different (than the device general one) MIDI channel and the same different channel can be set in your amp to respond accordingly, and to ignore the MIDI program changes sent automatically by the device when selecting patches.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 3 weeks later...