Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help needed in setting up Native with Garage Band !! PLEASE !!

subseauk

Hi all.   Just purchased Native to run on my MacBook Pro & iMac but can't see how to set it up with Garage Band as the instructions on Line 6 seem to relate to older versions of Garage Band. Can anyone one help with this please?

Garage Band Ver 10.3.3

OS Catalina 10.15.2

Cheers

5 hours ago, subseauk said:

Hi all.   Just purchased Native to run on my MacBook Pro & iMac but can't see how to set it up with Garage Band as the instructions on Line 6 seem to relate to older versions of Garage Band. Can anyone one help with this please?

Garage Band Ver 10.3.3

OS Catalina 10.15.2

Cheers

Hi,

You might find it helpful to check out my reply to a previous query about Native and GarageBand.

Check this to see if it helps - there is a link to a video.

Hi, thanks for taking the time. I have had a look at your previous post but the required files and check marks appear to be selected / present. I would note that the video again refers to an older version of GB and therefore I find it difficult ( tech dummy ) to transpose to latest version. Any chance of doing a newer video?

Thanks again

21 hours ago, subseauk said:

Hi, thanks for taking the time. I have had a look at your previous post but the required files and check marks appear to be selected / present. I would note that the video again refers to an older version of GB and therefore I find it difficult ( tech dummy ) to transpose to latest version. Any chance of doing a newer video?

Thanks again

Hi again,

Oops, I didn’t realise how old that video was! 

O.K. This video covers the 2019 version of installing plugins and something else I may have overlooked is that you must install the 64bit version of any au component. Also there was an update to version 10.3.4 GarageBand available to download from last week. 

See if this video helps and I will check out the new GarageBand when I get in the studio later today - the version on this iPad is very different.

Hope this helps.

L8R

8 minutes ago, subseauk said:

That got it, cheers Bud

Much appreciated for your time.

No problem.

Maybe I have misunderstood your dilemma, and it is not installing the Native Plugin for Garageband that is the issue, but how to use it once installed.

IIRC, you have a Helix floor unit and I would guess that is what you are wanting to use to get your guitar sound into GB?

If that's the case then what you record into GB on channels 1 & 2 will be the stereo out from your Helix, complete with all the amp, cab and FX for that particular preset you are using. To take advantage of HX Native you need to be able to capture the dry guitar signal from channel 7 of your Helix in order to re-amp the guitar.

If that's the case, hang on for a little while until I can see if I can track down some instructions to get you up and running.

Also if you are using some other audio interface to get your guitar signal into your Mac, please let me know as that might make a difference.

Or even let me know if you have everything under control.

No you got iy right to start with but your comments opened up some further thoughts. I had the helix floor but then bought the helix native as it was being offered for $99 which seemed to good to pass up. So I will be looking into the various options regarding recording etc.

Any into on various methods to go from guitar via Floor unit and Native and what further equipment would be needed would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers & Merry Xmas

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2019 at 9:35 AM, subseauk said:

Any into on various methods to go from guitar via Floor unit and Native and what further equipment would be needed would be greatly appreciated.

No problems, just shout when you are ready to “dive in” a little deeper with recording - see what I did there.

All the best and have a great Xmas.