Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wireless headphones to Amplify --> Bluetooth Transmitter needed?

pierre_bedos

Hello everyone, 

I have a FX100 and I play most of the time with headphones because I live in a flat. The wire of the headphone is sometimes bothering when I play and I have therefore bought a Bluetooth headphone. 

I have tried to connect the headphones but it is not working. I have tried the following: 

1) trying to pair the headphone to the pedalboard directly (did not work) 

2) pairing my tablet to my pedalboard as I usually do and then going to the ampli setting ("device selection") and selected my headphones (did not work) 

I don't know what I am doing wrong and I am wondering if the solution could be to buy a bluetooth transmitter, plug it to the pedaboard via the headphone IN and try to then connect to it with my headphones. 

Thanks a lot for your help and time. 

Pierre

The AMPLIFi doesn’t send audio over Bluetooth, it just receives it. So, yeah, you would need a Bluetooth transmitter to make it work The latency associated with Bluetooth probably would make it unusable, though.

I agree with Phil - Bluetooth latency (delay) would make it very hard to use.  I had some wireless (non Bluetooth) headphones that had the same problem, the delay was not as bad as Bluetooth can be, but it was enough to make it a problem.