Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit Snapshot Weirdness???

johnnyvlee

Ok, so I am a noob to Helix, but not a complete noob. I'm a software developer, good with tech.  But, I'm seeing some weird behavior with editing snapshots in HX Edit that doesn't seem to match up with how they are supposed to work.

Before I dig into this, let me say my global preferences are set to discard changes to snapshots. So, I have to save them or they get discarded.

So I have this lead patch, and I want that exact setup for Snapshot 2, but I want to customize Snapshot 1 and save it as a more dialed down sound.  Basically 1=rhythm, 2=lead. I bypass a couple of effects, and I make some significant tweaks to parameters on the 10-band EQ. I save the patch (thus saving my snapshot changes), then switch to Snapshot 2. When I do that, the bypassed pedals are no longer bypassed, which is what you would expect. However, the  EQ parameters stay the same. They don't bounce back to Snapshot 2 settings. 

If I now edit them again, save the patch, and go back to Snap1, they are once again NOT restored to Snap1 EQ settings.

What gives here? My understanding is it should restore the individual parameters on each block?

For parameters to be recalled via snapshot changes, they have to be assigned to a controller. If you only want them to change via snapshots and not have other real-time control, you’d assign them to the Snapshot Controller. In HX Edit, you can right click on the parameter to assign a controller to it. When the menu of available controlllers pops up, just select Snapshot. On the unit itself, push and turn the knob for the parameter. You’ll see brackets appear around the value.