Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native code -1116 'Could not decrypt the asset'

supertonic_jack

Hi,

running my Helix Native 1.82 in Reaper v6.01 I added a second Windows user on this Windows 10 machine.

After authorizing Helix on the second account I noticed there are small picks beside the presets. What do the yellow picks mean anyway?
When I click the preset to use it, the error in the sreenshot attached shows up. (Error Code -1116).

Manually I'm still able to use Helix and build a new effectchain. I just can't use the presets. I also did a factory reset, as well as reauthorized it and even reinstalled it.

Yesterday with only one Windows account on this machine there had not been any difficulties...
Anybody know anything about that error code or the yellow pick icons?

Thanks in advance!

Helix issue 2019-12-14 144916.jpg

The yellow picks/tags mean that the preset is a Marketplace Asset and requires authorization. You will have received this authorization when you purchased the asset under a given Line 6 account. You may have to login to your Line 6 account again, under the new Windows account, and re-authorize your Marketplace assets.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply. Ah ok, that what the yellow pick means, ok. Those are Factory presets though. Well yes, I logged in. Didn't work still. Uninstalled again and the next time I installed and opened it, it got my account right away without logging in and authorization, which doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I guess the user account control (2 users on one pc) might have something to do with it... This is a really weird bug. In case it happens again, I will write here again...
Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is doing it too..  I am relogged into the marketplace and run license manager and it shows Im logged in and authorized... Yet the Native plugin is still giving the error.  I am using the same Macbook Pro that I have always used.  The reauthorization shows that I now have 2 devices authorized even though they are the same machine.   Frustrating.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I'm relatively new to recording on my computer (iMac), and new to Native as well. I have looked at my account - it says I've authorized it, yet I get the picks and it's basically dead/useless. I've unauthorized this computer and reauthorized it, and still nothing. I just happen to be using my Helix Floor as my audio interface (until a DI I've ordered arrives in a few days (or weeks...who knows at the moment). I know what a factory reset is on the Helix, but in Native?  That doesn't make sense to me. Can anyone help me get this (Native) working?

Update - even before I hit submit. Found Factory reset in Native (still find that odd...) and it seemed to have worked. MTF...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

izadog

Did this, but does not respond to the button "restore to factory settings"

I also logged out and reauthorised and still have the yellow picks of doom...

I did find a work around though. I imported a backup setlist from my Helix LT and now I have one page that doesn't have yellow picks.

• 3 months later...
59 minutes ago, pattyco_222 said:

what is your solution @line6?

Hi,

FYI

Staff from Line 6 do not monitor these forums, and if other contributors cannot supply a solution, then the best thing you can do is open a ticket with Customer Support. That is the only way you are guaranteed a reply from someone who works for Line 6, and you issue will be dealt with.

There is a black banner across the top of this page which states “Why is Line 6 not responding” which explains this.

The only solution I have seen in this thread is to reload the factory presets then load your back up. You did make a back up before updating didn’t you?

I must be lucky because this has never happened to me, therefore I have never needed to look for a solution.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

The Problem is: 

Normaly you don´t have a backup. For sure I have a backup, but it is 2 Week old and my Projects are ongoing. 

I don´t make a backup after every Change in a Project with 4-8 Guitar tracks.

Now I have two lessons learned:

1) I dont use a vsts for Guitar tracks anymore. Or I reamp to wave later. This is secure for the next decade.

2) I sell my Helix Rack. To be fair, the Sounds on my Helix Rack works. But I have lost my trust in the last 6 Month.
The Helix Racks hangs up two times by starting. One Thing that a tube AMP does not will do. 

For shure, a tube can be broken or something like that.  

Back to the Topic. At the moment I feel lost with this issue. Based on the google results, there seems no way to fix it. 

If only the downloaded Sounds are gone... okay. Hard... thats my own created  Sounds are broken is one thing I can excuse. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I just found a potential cause for this issue on Mac - changing your computer name. If your computer name has changed, changing it back to the name you see under the 'authorised devices' section on your Line6 account can fix it.

Even if you think you haven't changed it, double check - MacOS will sometimes change computer name automatically if you're on a public WiFi network with another computer of the same name. E.g. mine has the default name 'MacBook Pro', yesterday I was on public WiFi and it automatically renamed itself to 'MacBook Pro (2)'.

Today I booted up Helix and got the same problem (Error 1116, yellow pick icons, presents not working), I changed the computer name back to 'MacBook Pro', restarted the Helix plugin and now it's working perfectly. No need to factory reset or lose my presets.

This may not be the only cause of the issue, but I hope it helps some of you!

If you don't know how to change your computer name, see the instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/mac-help/mchlp2322/mac

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Restoring to the Computername to the previous helped! It works 100%

My Computername changed, because I restored it with time Machine to another Device and there was a conflict. So I had "Macbook" and "Macbook (1)" as a Computername on my both Devices.

I changed the name back to "Macbook" on my Macbook Pro and it works easily.

I got a popup message telling, that I use this plugin for the first time after the new update of Helix Native. This is wrong, I used it may times after the Update, but the plugin didn't recognise it because it's somehow fixed to the computer name. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

I had the same problem and I tried what the Line6 Expert said. Did not work or rather there was a change in the interface, so the exact marketplace interface Button isn't even there anymore.

So what I did and now it finally works again (Idk which step was most important for it to work so here is everything that I did. Some steps may be unnecessary)

1. I deauthorized my Mac (I still have another Windows device authorized and there it works perfectly) and then reauthorized it

2. After that i logged out of Helix Native and uninstalled it

3. Installed it again and logged in. Hmm. still the same problem and my other presets are still there

4. Restored factory Presets. My other presets still weren't useable

5. Restored all setlists. And now it works again

It really probably was the restoration thing that solved the problem. But maybe it would not have worked without the other steps. But you still could try only to reset everything

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got solution:

HINT: please backup bundle to save your existed presets and IRs!

1. Go to settings >> Preset/IRs >> Clear Preset Library. After that all preset banks will be empty, even the factory ones.

2. Then, click Reset Factory Setlists on the same page. Now, all banks can be loaded with no hassle.

Try it, lemme know how it works for you..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/7/2022 at 9:31 PM, GRENADA said:

I got solution:

1. Go to settings >> Preset/IRs >> Clear Preset Library. After that all preset banks will be empty, even the factory ones.

2. Then, click Reset Factory Setlists on the same page. Now, all banks can be loaded with no hassle.

This worked...only took a few seconds.  It does wipe EVERYTHING OUT, so backup everything if you have presets and IRs you value. I'm running a brand  new M1 Macbook Pro and it wouldn't run, -1116 error in multiple DAWs.  The above steps worked perfectly and now behaves as it should...at least so far.  Thanks so much Grenada!!!!!

• 1 month later...

None of the above helped me, but the comments about hostnames lead me to find my solution. I had to change my computer name for security reasons, so changing it back was not an option.

What fixed it for me was to:

1. De-authorize my macbook (I did this on line6.com)

2. Delete these folders to totally remove Native and all user settings:

"${HOME}/Library/Application Support/Line 6"
"/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Helix Native.component"
"/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Line 6/Helix Native.vst"
"/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Line 6/Helix Native.vst3"
"/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins Line 6"

3. Reinstall Native, login and authorise computer (I actually used the line6 license manager to authorise the computer before reinstalling Native)

I wrote a simple script to achieve the above. Maybe it will be of some use to someone else. See my github gist: https://gist.github.com/Huevos-y-Bacon/93b59173945137523cab9a46335c34b3

• Upvote 2

• 8 months later...
On 1/8/2022 at 1:31 PM, GRENADA said:

I got solution:

This worked for me. Thanks.

I did this, but I also noticed I had my computer authorized twice, so I removed an old authorization as well. No idea if that was a factor at all, I doubt it.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/5/2021 at 4:44 PM, Sburnside said:

I just found a potential cause for this issue on Mac - changing your computer name. If your computer name has changed, changing it back to the name you see under the 'authorised devices' section on your Line6 account can fix it.

Even if you think you haven't changed it, double check - MacOS will sometimes change computer name automatically if you're on a public WiFi network with another computer of the same name. E.g. mine has the default name 'MacBook Pro', yesterday I was on public WiFi and it automatically renamed itself to 'MacBook Pro (2)'.

Today I booted up Helix and got the same problem (Error 1116, yellow pick icons, presents not working), I changed the computer name back to 'MacBook Pro', restarted the Helix plugin and now it's working perfectly. No need to factory reset or lose my presets.

This may not be the only cause of the issue, but I hope it helps some of you!

If you don't know how to change your computer name, see the instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/mac-help/mchlp2322/mac

I came here because I was having the exact same problem, Error Code -1116 and yellow picks/tags on all my presets. I know it's an old thread, but I wanted to contribute with a solution for all those who come here searching for a way to fix this problem. 

Anyway, changing my computer name back to the same as the name in My Authorized Devices on the Helix webpage solved the issue 100%. For some reason my computer name was now MacBook Pro (3), but I changed it back to MacBook Pro and restarted the plugin. Now everything is working perfectly again. 

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another cause for code -1116:

• Copying or syncing the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Line 6/Helix Native between different Macs.

I thought it used to work with earlier Native versions though, since I've been syncing the folder between two MacBooks running El Capitan for a few years now. But now the sync doesn't work between El Capitan and Ventura MacBooks.

(As a side note: Helix Native 3.71 still works on El Capitan within Logic 10.3.3 although not officially supported by Line6 anymore.)

So my fix was resetting the setlists and presets and reimporting my custom setlists on each Mac.