Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp with MP3?

bryaneaves

I have a Helix and am getting a Stomp for Christmas.  Only reason I'm getting the Stomp is for hotel headphone playing.  I want to have similar sounds while travelling as I do on the Helix at home.  I need to connect my ipad or iphone to it to play along with backing tracks.  How best to do this?  I've read about using a splitter from the ipad and input into the Aux in left and right.  If I do this, will I have to designate a block for each patch or is it just a global setting that will then work for all patches?  This also bypasses the effects for a clean backing track sound through the headphones right?

I've also read about using a camera adapter out of the ipad and into the usb of the Stomp.  Is this a better way or does it matter?  If using this method, same questions as above.

I don't want to use a method that requires me to devote a special block for routing in each preset like I see you have to on the Helix.  

My third method is just to get a small micro-mixer that has an aux input.  That way I can come out of the Stomp into the mixer and then just plug my headphones and ipad into the mixer and not worry with trying to manipulate the Stomp to do this.

I'd rather no travel with an extra piece of gear so hoping one of the other methods will work.  I appreciate any responses that will help me figure this out.  Thank you.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bryaneaves said:

I've read about using a splitter from the ipad and input into the Aux in left and right.  If I do this, will I have to designate a block for each patch or is it just a global setting that will then work for all patches?  This also bypasses the effects for a clean backing track sound through the headphones right?

This. In Global settings Ins/Outs set Return Type to AUX IN. You'll control the backing track volume from the iPad. Bypasses effects and no extra block required.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...