Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

wireless headphones

Roske

Hi all,

Sometimes i  play on the Helix floor (or native) versions with headphones. The headphone that i like to use the most is the Sennheiser HD600, because of it's soundquality.
The sound is absolutely great, but the thing that 's bothering me many times is the cable of the headphone. So i am wondering that any of you out there have a quality solution for a wireless headphone.

Looking at the Boss Waza Air Guitar Headphones, i really would like to have that for the Helix :-)

Plugging the guitar in with a cable never bothered me, because you can simply kick the cable out of the way with your feet, but imagine walking around with a wireless headphone, that would really make it all perfect.

Regards

Wim

8 hours ago, Roske said:

Looking at the Boss Waza Air Guitar Headphones, i really would like to have that for the Helix :-)

Based on the Anderton's review, you can plug the send unit into the MONO output of the Helix and there ya go! If you've got a G10 (or any wireless) to send the signal to the Helix, you're TOTALLY wireless.

1 hour ago, plarkin said:

If you can hang with 40ms latency.......that's the same as my Sennheiser RS-185 digital RF set. I find it distracting to hear the string acoustically before I hear it in the headphones, never mind what it does to the "feel" factor.

• Upvote 2

Agree with the above... most Bluetooth stuff will introduce intolerable latency. Those things are all designed with passive listening in mind, in which case 40ms of latency wouldn't make the least bit of difference... but for playing an instrument in real time, 40ms is an eternity.

Thanks for pointing to the SteelSeries Arctis Pro headphones, i will investigate these!
Also thanks for explaining to better not use bluetooth, but better to go with a 2.4G lossless connection instead.
On the SteelSeries website, it says 'ultra-low' latency (but no exact specs ...), i will have to do some digging around on the internet to find out i guess :-)

• 2 years later...

In case anyone is thinking about this: I have the Helix, and I use the SteelSeries Arctis headphones.

I installed ASIO4ALL, then use ASIO for audio system, ASIO4ALL as the driver, turn on the Helix and Arctis from ASIO Configuration, then enable inputs and use the Helix for inputs and Arctis for output.

It works perfectly; if there is any latency, it is essentially imperceptible. It's fantastic as I no longer need to be tethered to anything.

I have done zero tweaking, as this worked pretty much straight away, but I'm guessing it could be improved even more by digging around into the settings.

Screenshot 1.png

Played around with the in-ears https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097PCY5X4 .

Update: At first I hated it, but then realized that 80% of the sound complaints were due to cheap earbuds.  They have a great design, but the sound quality is not there.  With my Bose quiet comfort, it sounds great.  Now I can practice at any hour without anybody hearing a peep. 

Pros:

small, compact, rechargeable, stereo, includes headphones, plenty of volume, the kit has EVERYTHING you need, except a 1/4 inch extension cable.  

cons:

not pristine audio quality with the included earbuds, certain guitar notes have weird resonance sound because the buds are not of highest quality, audio drop-outs. 

Note: regarding the audio transmission quality, I live in a weird apartment where my Shure wireless also has strange static noise that appears sometimes.  I've not had the same issues when I played live, or took my rig to some other people's houses.  I took this wireless system to my friend's house and there were 0 dropouts.   

• 7 months later...

Im going to give these a try...since I can return them if I have issues.

LEKATO MS-1 Wireless in-Ear Monitor System 2.4G Stereo IEM System with Transmitter Beltpack Receiver Automatic Pairing, for Studio, Band Rehearsal, Live Performance

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B3DR71RY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

On sale 15% off they run $58 delivered and let me use my existing favorite wired headphones or something in ear if needed.

It looks like the price and availability of 2.4ghz 'Monitor Systems' are getting way cheaper. I will circle back in a few weeks after I have given them a good trial.