Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HXFX to Hughes & Kettner Switchblade TSC 100

Rish74

Hi experts, I purchased the HXFX to become the control centre for all my effects & presets etc. The H & K has it's own midi controller pedal which I am trying to replace but I can not get the HXFX to communicate to the Amp. Does anyone have any experience / ideas / solutions? I really don't want to return this unit. 

Cheers everyone 

The amp has it's own midi preset controller pedal but I am wanting the HXFX to be the controller and not use the one that comes with the amp. Basically take the Hughes and Kettner one out of the picture all together. Does this help? 

Disconnect the H&K controller from the MIDI port. Connect the Helix MIDI OUT. HFX always transmits from the MIDI DIN, so no changes in GLOBAL SETTINGS needed.

Make sure that the Switchblade and the HFX are communicating on the same MIDI channel.

A quick look at the FSM432 and Switchblade manuals indicates that all the FSM432 does is switch presets in the Switchblade. So, you save a configuration as a preset in the Switchblade and assign that preset number to the HFX in Command Center. You can use an Instant Command (IC) to send the Switchblade preset number on loading the HFX preset, or assign HFX buttons to send Switchblade preset numbers from within an HFX preset.

Thank you for your reply mate, it is so nice that people take the time to reply. I will try again but I have no idea what channel the foot switch (Hughes & Kettner) operates on. 

Thank you so much. A huge issue that I have is I do not understand Midi and obviously this is hampering my efforts. 

Cheers 

The default is usually Channel 1. Section 7.2 of the Switchblade manual details how to tell which channel it's on, and how to set channels.

Default channel on Helix is Channel 1. In GLOBAL SETTINGS/MIDI-TAP TEMPO you can set the Helix Base channel to send all MIDI on one channel, and that can be overridden in Command Center for any specific MIDI command.

In depth knowledge of MIDI is not really necessary in your specific use case because the Switchblade only reacts to PC (Program Change) messages.

Reading the relevant sections of the Switchblade and HFX manuals can't hurt.... :-)