Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I have a helix floor and an L2T. I heard that connecting a helix to a real amplifier is different from connecting a monitor speaker. When I practice with a band, it's an environment that connects to Helix and Real Amp Return. I heard that I only use Helix amplifiers when connecting to the real amp return, not the Helix internal speaker simules or ir.

In L2T, I want to create a guitar tone that most closely resembles the tone of the band. To do this, can I get what I want by setting the L2T's speaker mode to electric guitar instead of P.A?

I run a Helix floor into an L2T.  I program the Helix with an amp and cab in my patch and adjust to my liking.  On the L2T I set it to mode 1 (FRFR, PA speaker).   I've tried the other settings including the Electric Guitar mode, but they seem to be just preset EQ curves more than anything else (rolls of a lot of high end).  This is what works for me, but everyone is different so try each and see what works for you. 

I also run a Variax to get acoustic guitar sounds in a few songs, so that may have influenced my decision on how to run the L2T when I started using it in the FRFR mode, now it's my standard workflow so I'm used to  it.   Have fun!