Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amps Are Great :)

innovine

Recently I've been playing a lot late at night with headphones in my pod hd500, and working on tones and getting rather frustrated with the whole thing. Today however the wife and kids are away, so I got to turn on my dt25 at moderate levels (still got neighbours :( and man, it all just sounds so much better. Doesn't seem to matter which settings, it's better.

Any idea why? :) 

It's all just so much more meaty and solid, rather than fizzy. And my headphones are ok Sennheiser hd25-1-ii's. I'd just kinda forgotten how nice an amp sounds.

Amps are great!! I really like the DT50 Head with the DT25 Cab (without the HD500) and have been playing it mostly with the Master knob at around 12 O'clock at moderate volume levels and it does sound really good there. Then just recently I've been playing with the Master wide open and man it really has alot of potential. It sounds so great either way I play it but your right in that it sounds very full and loud when cranked up. Then when I do the same thing with the HD500 connected it just adds to the variations of sound. It's just amazing how far the amps have come in the past years. It took me a while to get to know how to deal with the computer side of things but, I'm glad to be around to be able to experience and play with this stuff. Thanks Line 6!!

So after I read this post I thought I might try that Low Volume Mode these amps have 'cause I haven't really used it much. I put on LVM wide open then started trying all the different topologies while changing the other option such as the Class A/B & Class A, Pentode/Triode. I didn't go full volume but I turned the volume up appropriately and wow even that mode kicks. Being that I'm using the DT50 LVM is probably less than 25 watts so I suppose it would somewhat the similar to the DT25 at full master volume. I forgot which channels but at least one of them on my amp is noisy at idle if the volume is cranked way up (which is actually too loud for my environment anyway) so I adjust the volume accordingly. Also I'm still using the original Tubes and I'm starting to accumilate running hours so maybe when I burn these tubes out, lol and replace them it'll be even quieter. This idle noise I'm talking about doesn't have me thinking twice about buying this amp though 'cause I really do like the it.

You benefit from the tubes when using the amp, plus your moving air, which you can't do with headphones. Finally, you get the interaction with the room.

So right boyce !!