Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Buzz ; Guitar Problem Or Pod Hd Problem ?

mihnea912

Good day !

I seem to be having a problem when I play distorted and I have no idea if it's from the pod or my guitar . When I play distorted , I seem to be having a second distortion "behind" the distortion of the amp . It's a bright distortion , not loud but noticeable , and it sounds like when you have a slightly broken speaker that gives a crackling sound at certain frequencies. 

It's not because of my speakers , I recorded the sound and listened to it through different speakers and headphones . So it's either from the guitar or from the POD . 

It appeared out of the blue , after the last update but it turned up after a few days ( or I didn't notice it before )

Can anyone give me any advice ? Has anyone ever had this problem ?

It's not from the jack input ... I took it out , all the wires are soldered , I cleaned it ...

Thank you !

I noticed something similar to this last week when building a new patch. I had a really nice and creamy overdrive tone going going, but in the trailing delays, it was really fizzy. It wasn't overload, because I create everything at unity gain by constantly checking effects levels vs. the clean signal. I'm not sure how I fixed it, I think by deleting the delay and re-adding it?

- When I do my patches I usually use the single input approach (put everything on the top half of the signal chain) since the pod's signal chain actually starts off with 2-inputs and I pan the mixer to center. 
         - Try inputs 1:guitar, 2: variax 

- Depending on the type of guitar i'm using ill put on the PAD switch if i'm using hot humbuckers

So like this right? (picture attached)

just a note!..

to hear the real difference between a single input approach and the double one, the chain must be made in the default pre position..

because when you use only path A (with nothing in pre position) it behaves exactly as you were doing your chain in pre position with 2 same inputs..

I know that it's difficult to believe, but that's how it works..

post-1494240-0-78466700-1390756160_thumb.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/share/7DA96275065C8524D49D13F9AAE2F244

I know the tone sounds bad but it seems that when I boosted the mids on this amp (Treadplate) and cranked the volume up , I could hear it clearer. 

I showed it to someone else but he said he can't hear it...it's like a high pitch buzz when you hit the string or chord ... like when you hear a crackling sound in your headphones when they start deteriorating.