Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I get the same presets on helix stomp?

Dosamwolfso26

Hello I'm very new to mutlieffects processors and need some clarification on it's capabilities. I love user made presets and I see the helix has a sizeable collection of artists I really like. The hxstomp has some but not nearly as many. I know the stomp supports 8 blocks in the chain and the helix a few more but, as long as the signal chain is under 8, would I be able to pretty much replicate any user preset that was made for the full helix? Idk if the answer is obvious but I'd like some help from you guys. Thanks if you help out.

You can test this out for yourself using the free trial period of Helix Native. It has a hardware compatibility mode that will let you compare the supported preset structures and limitations. Download some full Helix presets and examine them in Helix Native set to Helix compatibility mode. Then experiment to see to what extent they are compatible, or can be recreated, with HX Stomp mode. 

16 hours ago, Dosamwolfso26 said:

I know the stomp supports 8 blocks in the chain and the helix a few more

FWIW... the Stomp supports 6 blocks, the Helix supports 32. HX Effects supports 9, but no amps. 

The modeling in the Stomp is the same as the Helix.... as long as it is under 6 blocks you can make it work and it will sound the same. BUT you cannot just import a Helix preset... you would need to take it through Helix Native as mentioned above - or if you can decipher JSON code, you could open the preset in a text editor and manually enter the settings into the Stomp.