Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Split Signal In POD

TheChuganaught

Hi All, I've just recently borrowed my friends HD500 with the potential of purchasing it off him if I like it.

My question is, how do I go about splitting the signal within the POD? For example, at present I play the guitar and use a line splitter to run one set of effects for the guitar as well as a second signal running through an octave pedal to imitate the bass sound via separate effects then into a Bass Amp.

Is there any way of doing the same within the POD so I can get rid of my pedals and just concentrate everything via the POD?

Thanks for looking and I look forward to your help.

it can be done.  

it can also be partially done - where it is separated for a portion of the way instead of the entire way.  

and then, you also get the option of running them into the same or different outputs - such as a guitar amp and bass amp.   

4 minutes ago, pianoguyy said:

it can be done.  

it can also be partially done - where it is separated for a portion of the way instead of the entire way.  

and then, you also get the option of running them into the same or different outputs - such as a guitar amp and bass amp.   

That's great news pianoguy, thanks. Do you have any links to videos or walkthroughs etc on how this can be done?

50 minutes ago, TheChuganaught said:

Hi All, I've just recently borrowed my friends HD500 with the potential of purchasing it off him if I like it.

My question is, how do I go about splitting the signal within the POD? For example, at present I play the guitar and use a line splitter to run one set of effects for the guitar as well as a second signal running through an octave pedal to imitate the bass sound via separate effects then into a Bass Amp.

Is there any way of doing the same within the POD so I can get rid of my pedals and just concentrate everything via the POD?

Thanks for looking and I look forward to your help.

Drag and drop all the effects dedicated to channel A to the upper line (after the split point) in the screen, and drag and drop all the effects dedicated to channel B to the lower line, in the mixer block make sure that channel A is 100% panned to the LEFT, and channel B is 100% panned to the RIGHT.

Connect the LEFT and RIGHT outputs to the different amps you are using as needed.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheChuganaught said:

Cheers hurghancio I'll give that a go, I maybe back with more questions. 

You're welcome!..

I would suggest also to give a read to the downloadable advanced guide, "Features & Functionality" chapter in particular..

link here: POD HD500 Advanced Guide v2.10

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

You don't own the unit. The fact that i said it can be done should be enough at this point. Doing it is something you learn to do after you have it. 

Right now, you should be toying with the effects to make sure that it sounds ok to your ears. There are many "advanced" things that will eat up your time with the unit - what good will any of that be if, let's say, you don't like how the Marshall sounds.