Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Another Helix LT update failure 2.30, Mac

chancecasey

Hi everyone!

I did not follow the instructions to "back up" using HX Edit because the machine is brand new so nothing to back up. The instructions should be more clear it is MORE than a backup and is required.

Anyway, the Line 6 Updater failed. I tried installing 2.71, 2.82, 2.5, even 2.30 again - all with the same results - install failed.  By the way, nowhere in the instructions does it say if you need to do ALL the FW steps from 2.30 to 2.82 or not. I just saw that "2.71 or earlier" in the 2.82 instructions so that's what I tried first.

I downloaded HX Edit 2.30 (current FW version) and it will not connect says error unknown -9123.

So now, neither HX Edit works nor Line 6 Updater and my new Helix is now a brick.

What can I do now?

Max OS High Sierra 10.13.6

Helix LT 2.30

• Like 1

You don't need to use HX Edit to back up, but you do need to begin by downloading and installing HX Edit. Otherwise you may not have the compatible version of Line 6 Updater and whatever (if any) drivers you need for the Mac environment.

Try again, beginning with instructions for firmware prior to 2.71 or earlier. Follow the instructions exactly (except for the actual backup part if you wish). If you can't get it working open a support ticket.

Thank you very much!  I was finally able to get it working.  I had to "approve" a driver in the security section of system preferences on my Mac. Then, using the latest updater I tried 2.71 again. The update "seemed" to work, but when the helix rebooted it just showed the boot error / update mode screen like forever.   However, when I saw it in the updater screen it said it was at 2.71 now - but still not working.  So, I just went ahead and then updated to 2.82 and voila! Works great now!  SOOOOO relieved!!!

I also ran the new HX edit and downloaded the free line 6 IRs.  Now the massive learning process begins. I do quite like the PV Panama preset - I assume that stands for EVH's 5150 Peavey amp - sounds pretty tight!